Chapter 10

I rested on Ryan's chest as he held me close to his warmth. He rubbed my back with his hand as we watched our all time favorite movie, Tarzan. I reached into the bowl for some popcorn when I felt popcorn hitting my head and running down my shirt. I turned as scowled at Ryan.

"You are going to regret that!!" I said punching his arm. He chuckled as he stood up and ran around my living room. I chased him, finally jumping on his back. "Got you!!" I exclaimed. He laughed as he held me up. Macey then walked in and stared at us.

"Okay your so lovebirds. Keep it down. Logan is trying to sleep. And clean up that popcorn." She said walking to the kitchen to Logan's meds. I got off of Ryan and went to Macey.

"Ma, how's he doing?" I asked helping her look for anti-nausea. She shrugged.

"He keeps asking for you." She said. I frowned. I went to get Ryan.

"You come with me Ry. Logan always enjoys it when you're here." I said taking his hand leading him to Logan's room. We walked in, and he was as pale as pale can be. I went to his bed and stroked his arm. "How are you bud?" I asked. He coughed, but gave me a slight grin. "Good." I said. I hugged him as he hugged me.

"I love you Em." He said coughing.

"Love you too bud." I said stroking his brown hair. Just then, he grabbed the trash can and started throwing up. I frowned as he started to cry. I rubbed his back for comfort as Ryan came to help. Ryan held the bucket as he reached for the cold rag next to Logan's bed. Once he was done, he leaned against me and Ryan placed the rag on his forehead.

"Will I ever get better?" Logan asked looking at me with big eyes. I gave a small smile nodding.

"Of course buddy. Of course you will." I said with a soothing voice. He smiled as he placed his head on my thigh and fell asleep. I kissed the top of his head and placed him on his pillow. Macey walked in and smiled.

"You have the magic touch on this boy." She sighed. I grinned as I stood up and Ryan put his arm around my shoulders. We should take him to urgent care. He's getting dehydrated. I said looking at him sleeping peacefully. She nodded.

"I'll get the car. You get him. You two in back with him and I'll drive." She said leaving his room. Ryan and I nodded as I went to his side.

"Logan, bud, we need to take you to urgent care. Okay? I'm going to pick you up and take you to the car. Ry and I wills it I. The back seat with you. Okay?" I whispered in his ear. He nodded as I scooped him up, cradling him. Ryan grabbed his bucket and rag and went to the car with me. Ryan hot in, then I handed him Logan, then u got in. We let Logan lay his head on me, as I was like his mom. He liked me the most. When we arrived at the hospital, Logan and thrown up three times and the car smelt like barf. We got in and the receptionist looked at us odd.

  "He's been sick for three days, and has drank very little. He said he feels dizzy." I said shoving Macey out of the way when she tried to sugar coat it. The kind woman finally got us to a room. Logan rested limply on the examining bed as the doctor checked him. I held Ryan's hand as the doctor gave us the news.

  "He will need to go to another room where they will give him IV and they will make an estimate on how long he will need to stay." He said. I nodded as Ryan squeezed my hand, knowing how close I was to my youngest brother. "I will come in with a wheel chair to save his and your energy." He said leaving the room. I felt a single tear fall down my cheek as I went and hugged Logan.

  "Em. Am I okay?" Logan asked quietly, clearly tired. I sighed.

  "I don't know bud. We'll find out soon enough." I said still hugging him. Macey texted mom telling her we were being put in another room for better care.

  The other kids were with mom and her fiancé because Logan was sick and we didn't want anyone else getting sick. The doctor came in with a wheel chair and placed Logan in it. I held his hand as he was wheeled off. Ryan kept his arm firmly on my waist as he followed me. When we got to a room, they quickly put the IV in his arm as he started to ball. I raced to his side hugging him.

"Shhhh. It's okay." I whispered. It didn't help, he just continued to cry. Once they were done, they pulled Macey and I put of the room.

"He'll need to stay for maybe three days. Just to get him back to normal." The nurse said. We nodded as she glanced between us. "Now, who's the mom?" She said placing her hands on her hips. We both stared in shock.

"Neither. His mom passed away and so did his dad. We're his step sisters. Our mom is out of town." I said. The nurse nodded.

"Okay. We'll be looking over the test samples and we should have an estimate in one hour at least." She said walking off. We went back to the room, where Logan was sleeping and Ryan was on his phone. I sat next to Ryan and he took my hand. I smiled as he intertwined our fingers. I watched as my little brother slept and smiled at his dreams. I wondered what he dreamed of. What he thought of.

  Ten minutes later, the nurse came in. We all stood alert, staying quiet. She motioned for us to come outside, and we did. She sighed as she told us the news.

  "Okay. So good news or bad news?" She asked. We all looked at one another.

  "Good news?" We asked. She nodded.

  "It's stage one bone cancer." She said frowning. My eyes filled with tears when I heard the words come out of her mouth.

  "Bad news?" I asked looking at the floor.

  "It's spread to his brain." She said quietly. I nodded. "We need to get rid of the tumor as fast as we can. Then we can start kemo." She said flipping through pages. I nodded again, glancing back at Logan, who was still asleep.

  How would we tell him? He was so young. I couldn't loose the buddy I had. I loved my bud so much, I couldn't let him go.