"You're my fucking happily ever after."

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

She realised she hadn't moved from her seat on the bed with the phone still firmly in her hand.

Lucy had just put her phone down on her bed when she heard a knock of the front door. For a moment she considered it to be Vero and the girl had been waiting at her front door for her call but she knew that was unrealistic, which was proven so when Dinah Jane was found on the other side of it.

"Sup, Lucy Lu?" The blonde welcomed herself into the older girl's house with a flick of her hair.

"If it isn't my favourite diva," Lucy rolled her eyes and shut the door behind Dinah. "You can't stay long, I have a booty call coming over."

"That booty call better start with V and end with Ero." The younger girl narrowed her eyes at the shorter girl until she noticed the small blush creeping up Lucy's face. "Holy shit, you guys are getting back together. What made you...make up your mind?"

Lucy shrugged, turning her back on the blonde as she ran her hand through her hair. "Before, whenever I pictured forever...Vero was next to me. I don't want my forever ruined because of one fuck up."

"So you forgive her?"

"Yeah, I do," The brunette nodded eagerly. "I love her, D."

"Baby girl, you think I'm blind?" The taller girl scoffed. "Anyone with a working pair of eyes can see you love that girl."

"I hope it's enough," Lucy sighed. "I need for it to be enough."

"Hey, listen, I'm about to drop some Rafiki level wisdom on your ass." Dinah ushered them both to Lucy's alcohol stained couch. "If there's one thing we've learnt in our lives it's that it can be cut short in an instant...anything can happen so we should accept the small moments of bliss while we can. Now, Mani is my bliss...and I'm pretty sure Vero is yours."

And just as Lucy opened her mouth to reply, a knock on the front door silenced her and she was almost instantly a nervous wreck. Vero was behind the door this time, she was certain of it, and with Vero came a world of possibilities Lucy had been all too willing to explore.

Now Lucy was just scared. Vero scared her because Vero held her heart in the palm of her hand and she could do with it what she wished. Lucy wasn't accustomed to feeling like the world could crumble her...she'd always been strong enough to battle through it.

But maybe that was because Lucy had no idea that Vero would turn out to be her world. And that's why the girl had such power over her.

She stood from her seat and Dinah followed behind her.

"Did you actually come around for something?" Lucy frowned.

"Ally made me come check to see if you were stuffing yourself with junk food, I'll give her a positive report back that you're fast food free." Dinah smiled as she opened the door to find a wide-eyed Vero looking up at her. "Hey, take care of this one for me, yeah?" The blonde's eyes flickered between the pair.

"Of course." Vero's small voice had Dinah frowning, but deciding to for once mind her own business, she made her retreat, leaving Lucy and Vero in the doorway. "Hey." The younger girl smiled timidly.

The second Lauren saw the frown on Camila's forehead, all her attention was on the younger brunette.

"You okay?" She walked over to her girlfriend, her eyes scanning Camila's body for...well she didn't really know what for, she was sort of just reassuring herself that Camila was okay.

"I got another text." Camila felt Lauren's hands find her own. "I dropped the phone off at the police station, I...don't want it near me. I got a new one. Just has your number in it for now." She finally looked up and Lauren's jaw tightened as she caught the unshed tears welling in her girlfriend's eyes. "Can I get my dad's number from your phone? And the girls'?"

"Jesus, fuck, Camila," Lauren pulled the distraught girl into her arms and smoothed down her hair. "We'll worry about phone numbers and shit later, let's get you sorted out first, okay?" When Lauren took a step back, she cupped her girlfriend's cheeks just in time to catch two falling tears. "Hey, we'll find this fucker and I'll make sure they wish they never messed with you, okay?"

"Can you just...can you just stay with me? Please?" Camila's lips quivered as she spoke. "Don't go all martyr again, just...stay with me. I don't need you to be my hero in all this, I need you to just be here."

"If you think for a second-"

Camila cut the green-eyed girl off with a salty kiss to her lips. "No," The younger spoke, her voice thick with sadness and her lips a breath away from Lauren's. "Stay with me, don't be a hero. I need you." The brunette leaned forward and kissed her girlfriend again softly. "I need you, Lauren, okay?"

And though it went against everything Lauren instinctually felt was right, she sighed and leaned into her girlfriend, burying her face in the tanned neck and pressing soft kisses to the exposed skin. "Okay, Camz, no hero bullshit from me."

And for the first time that whole day, Camila felt some relief wash through her as she dug her fingers into the silky raven hair and hugged her girl as close to her as possible.

"What did the text say?" Lauren pulled away, wiping away Camila's tears.

"It was a picture of you in class."

Lucy found it weird that Vero didn't sit down next to her. Or more so, she found it weird that Vero wasn't sitting down at all. Maybe Vero had finally had enough...maybe her standing was in preparation to leave.

"I forgive you." Lucy spoke up as the thought crossed her mind.

"What?" Vero's head instantly shot up and her eyes met the equally stunned brown ones in front of her.

"I forgive you and I miss you and I need us back." When Lucy saw Vero still wasn't going to sit down, she stood up. "And I love you. And I love that you never gave up and that you fought for me when no one ever has." The older girl took her girlfriend's familiar hand into her own. "I know you love me, Vero. What you did was fucked up and...and it might still take me a while to give you my trust...but you've always had my heart and I see no point in walking away from someone who has that...I'd be left with nothing." With her free hand, Lucy reached up and tucked a strand of hair behind Vero's ear. "Besides, the sex is amazing, isn't it?"

"Jesus, Lucy!" Vero didn't expect a laugh to escape her lips as a tear slid down her cheek.

"Am I wrong?" A smirk grew on the older girl's lips.

"Are you sure about this?" Vero whispered, her earlier fears replaying in her head. "I don't want to wake up one day and find out that you still resent me for this."

"If I wake up next to you ten years from now...I'll be thankful for that more so than resentful towards you." Lucy leaned forward so their foreheads were resting on one another. "You're my fairytale, Iglesias. You're my fucking happily ever after."

And Vero kissed her. Because the fuck else do you do when the love of your life says that?

Vero grabbed both sides of Lucy's face and let their lips melt against one another until they were sharing their mingled breaths and until their heads were spinning and until Lucy came to realise that beautiful feeling of tranquility that she'd only ever felt with Vero.

Lucy had had her heartbroken enough to know when something is worth fighting for...and Vero...Vero was worth the risk.

She was worth the chance of heartbreak again.

Because a second of their lips touching felt like a lifetime of happiness.

And for someone who'd never truly experienced much happiness in her life...Lucy needed that. She felt she deserved it.

And so she was taking it.

There you go honey, there's your precious Vercy. FakingCamren

Me Without Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें