03: Potions

Sofia woke up the next day swallowed by a big red quilt and other different blankets

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Sofia woke up the next day swallowed by a big red quilt and other different blankets. None of them in which she was familiar to. The smell of them was different also. Sofia sniffed, her eyes still closed and recognized it almost immediately, a mix of cologne (a very small amount of it), cinnamon, and hot chocolate. The scent of James. And oddly enough Sofia didn't even wonder how she got there, or why she was there, she just wanted to stay there. Covered in blankets and sheets, but something was missing. More like someone.

Sofia wiggled around and accidentally rolled off the bed. With a small "oomph", she found herself on the ground swaddled and stuck in the millions of blankets that covered her. The blonde wriggled and squirmed with no luck. "James?" She croaked and wormed her way around on the floor and saw a body sleeping on the other side of the bed. "James?" She asked again, and continued to move herself until she was next to him. She managed to pull one arm out of the quilts and shake him.

"Huh?" James groaned and rolled to face her. "Sof?" His face was groggy and his glasses askew, but Sofia only noticed the bags under his eyes, as if he didn't get any sleep at all. She felt guilty, why didn't he just leave her on the couch to sleep?

"Hey, want to help me?" Sofia motioned at her condition with her one arm. James laughed lightly and nodded. He knelt beside her and found the end of the blanket. He began to unravel Sofia from it and slowly, but surely, she was released from the blanket prison. Sofia stood up and stretched her arms and back and noticed that there was two boys still asleep in the beds that were placed around the room.

Then the memories of the night before crashed down her. She fell asleep on James' shoulder after talking to him for awhile. He must have brought her into his room because he can't get into the girls dormitories. "Shit." She muttered. And turned around to face James, who looked at her absentmindedly.

"What?" He asked, in Sofia's opinion, very loudly.

"Keep your voice down!" Sofia whispered and looked at the boys again. Owen and Rylan were still asleep, one groaned quietly and turned over. "James, what time is it?"

"Um, I don't know, six?" James murmured. "Why?"

"Because I don't want my friends," she motioned to Rylan and Owen and then pointed towards the girls dormitories, "to think that I slept with you."

"I slept on the floor Sof. We didn't even sleep in the same bed."

"But people don't know that. Look, I got to get into my room before these two wake up," she bit her lip and regained eye contact with James. "Thank you, James, for taking care of me after I fell asleep in the common room. Your bed is very warm." And the blonde walked out of the room quietly, and in James' opinion, gracefully.

*  *  *

James watched as Roxanne sat down miserably across from her cousin. Due to the fact that Roxanne didn't look like she was going to do it herself and stared  blankly at the table in front of her, Sofia started to fill up her friend's plate with different breakfast foods and filled her cup with pumpkin juice. Roxanne groaned and hid her head in her arms on the table. "Well someone isn't happy today is she?" James smirked, Roxanne groaned again.