Chapter Twenty Six

Max and I were avoiding each other. I believe his last words to me three nights ago were something like, "You're not keeping me out of her life anymore" or something similar. Yet, here he was, making no effort to see her or participate in her life.

And it was pissing me the fuck off.

He had the balls to get in my face and yell at me for keeping Macy a secret, yet now that he knows she's here and within reaching distance he's balking? If he's choosing to remain distant, than good riddance, Macy didn't need an absentee dad.

Macy and I were cuddling on the couch in the bus, watching cartoons while we waited for Falling in Reverse to perform. She loved watching all her uncles play, and knew most of their songs by heart.

Right in the middle of a very intense episode of Teen Titans, someone knocked on the door. I left my half-asleep daughter laying on the couch and got up to answer the door. Ronnie stood there, a big grin on his face.

"Hey Mandy, I uh, need you to grab my wallet."

I didn't think much of it. I went into his area of the bus and grabbed his wallet from his bed. I walked back to the door and handed it to him, then closed it, without listening to anything else he had to say.

Right when I sat back down, there was another knock on the door. I rolled my eyes but I got up to answer it againIt was still Ronnie.

"What?" I asked.

"I also need Ryan's wallet."

I groaned, but went to Ryan's bunk, grabbed his wallet, threw it at Ronnie with a smirk, and then slammed the door. I walked back to the couch and sat down.

Not five minutes had passed when another knock sounded on the door. I sighed and got up, hopefully for the last time.

I was surprised to see it was Max this time when I opened the door. Then I remembered his stupid behavior from the other day and tried to close the door, but he stuck his foot in it.

"Please let me in," he begged.

I rolled my eyes and let him on the bus. Macy was now a little more awake, and watching us from the couch where she was laying down.

"Hey, baby, Max is here," I said softly, in case she was still trying to sleep.

"Why?" She asked.

"I don't know," I turned to Max, "Why are you here?"

"Is it a crime to spend time with my daughter?" He asked.

"Shh! Keep your voice down! She doesn't know yet. And no, it's not a crime, but you sure act like it is. You've been avoiding us like the plague," I said.

"I was in shock. You can't blame me. One minute, I'm not a parent, the next it isn't all about me anymore. I didn't know what to say or do. That's not wrong," he said.

"Yeah, okay, you can stop your monologue, it's fine. What do you plan on doing?" I asked.

"I don't know, whatever she wants, maybe the three of us can hang out today. Actually be the family that we are, whether you like it or not," he said, making some strange feeling bubble up in my stomach.

"I don't remember me saying we weren't a family, but okay. Macy, what do you want to do today?" I asked her.

She shrugged. I sighed. This child never wanted to do anything outside of watch cartoons and eat.

"Okay, well, we're in Orlando, it's a decent temperature, and I believe I've got some money on my card. Wanna go to Disney World?" I asked them both.