The Triwizard Champions

Start from the beginning

He nodded. “Yes you are.”

I nodded and said, “It was about tonight when Professor McGonagall pulls out the names of the Champions. I don’t know who the others were but it came down to the Hogwarts Champion and Max’s name got called.” Tears filled my eyes again. “I don’t want him to be a part of this.”

“Why didn’t you just tell him that?”

“Because I don’t want him to know I’m worried. I told him I’d stop worrying but I can’t. And now with the dream, it feels like that’s what’s gonna happen tonight. His name is gonna get called.”

“You don’t know that for sure. It could be anybody.”

I shook my head and felt the tears roll down my cheek. “I study Divination. I practically live it. This dream was real and it’s what’s gonna happen tonight. I can feel it.”

“You should tell him, then. I’m sure there’s a way he could drop out.”

I shook my head again. “He probably already knows what I dreamt about and even if there was a way, he wouldn’t. He wants an adventure in his life.”

“And you’re scared he’ll die for it.”

I nodded. “He’s my best friend. I just want him safe.”

“Well, why don’t you go talk to him? He seemed concerned about you this morning and he probably wants to talk to you.”

I sighed. “Ok. Let’s go back to the Great Hall and see if he’s there.”

The two of us walked back to the Great Hall and found the room had changed since breakfast. The tables were out of the way and the benches were lined against the wall and stacked around the Goblet of Fire. A mixture of Hogwarts, Salem Witch, Durmstrang, and Beaubaxton students were gathered in the Hall and Darren left my side to go join some of his friends. I looked around for Max and I finally found him talking with Prudence, Teddy, and Victoire. I walked over to them and looked into Max’s eyes.

“I’m sorry about this morning.” I told him and he took my arm.

He pulled me away from everyone and looked down into my eyes. “What did you dream about?”

“It was about tonight. You…”

I was cut off by cheering and I looked to see my brother coming into the room followed by some other Gryffindors. He was holding a potion vial and had a huge grin on his face. Great. He was gonna try to enter his name. I walked away from Max despite him protesting and walked to Fred; who was standing by the Goblet.

“Fred, it’s not gonna work.” I told him.

“Sure it will, sis. Dad helped me out a bit.” He grinned and shook the vial while I rolled my eyes.

“Like that makes a difference. It didn’t work for him and Uncle Fred and it’s not gonna work for you.”

“Stop sounding like Aunt Hermione and just believe in me, alright?” He said and opened the vial.

Everyone was gathered around to watch and people were already laughing. I crossed my arms as Melinda stood by me and we watched as Fred downed the potion. He instantly grew a foot taller and looked a little older than he was before he took the potion. He smiled with success and pulled out a piece of parchement with his name on it. He hopped across the age line and the crowd cheered for him. I rolled my eyes once again and watched as he put his name into the Goblet. He cheered that nothing happened then suddenly the flames shot out and hit Fred. He went flying across the room and I gasped as he hit the floor. Melinda, Teddy, Max, Victoire, Minnie, Dominique, Louis, Alex, Toby, and I ran over to him to see if he was ok. He sat up and his hair had turned white and he now sprouted a white beard.