C h a p t e r S e v e n t e e n

[ O n e  B e d ]

Percy's POV

Apparently the motel I saw earlier was full so we had to walk 20 minutes further to reach another motel. We were so broke that we had to share a room. Phoebe didn't seem to mind but I was quite nervous about the fact that we shared a room.

When we entered the room, we could tell the room was old yet it was properly maintained. Right beside the window was a king size bed.

One bed.

Shit.

"Let me see your scar." Phoebe said as she put her bag down.

"Uh, yeah, let me clean myself first." I went to the bathroom to wash my face. Of course my scar sting like a bee.

After I exited the bathroom, Phoebe was ready with her medical equipment. She patted the bed, ordering me to sit down. I did what she said.

Phoebe stood between my legs which meant she was so close to me right now. I could smell her scent, it was lavender and vanilla. She smelled so good that I had to fight the urge to hug her right here right now. I tried to advert my gaze off of her but her eyes look remarkably exquisite. Her cherry plump lips seduced me unintentionally to kiss her over and over again.

"Your scar is deeper than mine." Phoebe snapped me back to reality. "Hold on, it's going to be hurt." She pressed my scar.

"Aw!!" I crunched my pants, it felt like a needle was pushed through my skin.

"All done." She said excitedly. Phoebe took out a bandage from her bag and covered my wound.

"How about your scar?"

"I thought mine was deep but it was just a scratch." She said. "See this? It has stopped bleeding since 20 minutes ago."

"That's a good thing to hear. Are you hungry?"

"Starving."

"I'm going to find a vending machine and grab some food." I stood up, heading to the door. "Any request?"

"Hmmm..." Phoebe pursued her lips, thinking. "Potato chips and cookies."

"Sure thing ma'am."

I grabbed almost every snack I could see in the vending machine since we were both pretty hungry. After I got back, we immediately devoured the snacks while talking about demigod things. Phoebe had a lot of questions about demigods, camp half-blood, camp Jupiter, and Olympus. I didn't blame her, she didn't have enough time to process these things because she already had a mission to complete. Maybe if we had found her two or three years ago, she wouldn't be this restless.

Phoebe yawned.

"Go get some sleep." I told her. Phoebe was about to say something but I knew exactly what she was going to talk about. "I'll sleep on the floor."

Phoebe stayed quiet, then nodded. She gave me a pillow and extra blanket from the cupboard.

"Good night, Percy." She smiled sweetly.

"Good night. I'm going to stay up a little bit."

Phoebe tucked herself in the bed, letting her back face me. I turned off the light then tried to find a good position for me to sleep on the floor. When I was about to close my eyes, I heard Phoebe rustling in the bed. It didn't stop for another 10 minutes.

"Can't sleep?" I broke the silence.

"It's uncomfortable." Phoebe responded fast.

"What's uncomfortable? The bed?"