Sigyn watched her whirl around a blade from the sword that had been hidden in her sheath.

“Watch your tongue Loki before I ask the All-father if I may cut it out of your mouth.”

“I’m hurt Sif that you do not wish to play with your childhood friend.”

“You are no friend of mine or Asgard’s.”

“Precisely.” His eyes flickered in the dazzling white lights in his cell; his body lurched forward towards his enemy that was protected from golden light glowing around the edges.

“Lady Sif, let us take our leave.” The golden haired one that had come in with the other two pulled her unwillingly away. The terrifying creature, Loki, continuing to smile till the doors to the dungeons shut.

Sigyn repeated the conversation in her head and then whispered his name to herself. She had heard that Thor had a brother and that he was an enemy of Asgard but to the people of other world’s he was simply referred to as “The God of Lies and Mischief.” She could certainly see why, it was more intimidating than Loki.

“Loki?”

His back that had turned to her by this time went rigid with the mention of his name. Had she said that out loud? Loki’s green eyes began to bore into her blue ones confirmed that she had. She wanted to look away but she couldn’t, it was like he was holding her chin between his talon-like fingers inches from his face.

“It would be wise for you not to pester me anymore.” He returned to his novel, facing away from her which she was all too thankful for.

---

To pass the time each day, Sigyn would often allow herself to escape to her memories from her former life. The first day she had imagined them, they were so clear, but now they grew faint with each passing day. The face of her mother, her father and her younger brother; they were all vanishing from her mind like chaff tossed up in the air when wheat was being harvested.

“Lady Sigyn.”

A man’s voice startled her from her daydreams. Had someone just called her a lady? Lady was used for nobility or to show respect to someone that you admired. She was far form being admired.  He was standing before her cage, but he was not a guard. No, in fact she had never seen him before in her life, but my, was he something to look at.

His strong facial features were rigid with beauty; scars marred his hands and arms from battle. A simple scar ran across his left eye and his brown hair was pulled back much like Thor had worn his a few days ago. He dawned a beautiful red cape, his smile genuine.

Remembering he had called her, she stood up and dusted herself off the best she could. Over the past two days, she had taken some of her water and washed the blood and dirt from her face. Her dress was another matter but there was nothing to be done about that.

Standing near the almost invisible energy field, she gave a curtsey, dipping her head.

“My Lord.”

The two stared at each other for several minutes, neither one saying a thing. It was as if they were studying each other’s facial structures and admiring the beauty that the other held.

“Oh for Odin’s sake, speak before you bore me to death!”

The man before her turned around to face his accuser.

“You will learn how to hold your tongue God of Mischief.”

Turning back with a much more pleasant look, Sigyn again waited for him to speak.

“My Lady, it has come to my attention that you perhaps may desire something to help pass the time during the day? Is there anything you require?”

The maiden’s bright blue eyes suddenly widened. Nobody had been this kind to her, aside from Thor placing her in this solitary cell, which in reflection was probably more harmful than helpful.

Loki muttered something under his breath she didn’t quite catch. But that didn’t matter, the man before her wished to present her with something. What should she ask for? Something to relieve her nightmares? A new dress? A bath? A blanket? It had to be something that she could use for the remainder of her stay since it was likely she would never see outside theses walls ever again.

After thoughtful consideration she looked back down to the man who was standing before her cell.

“If I may, I do desire a few books that I may read.”

The man nodded, smiling up at the lovely prisoner.

“Your wish is my command.”

“Thank you-”

“Theoric.”

“Thank you Theoric.”

Dipping her head again in a curtsey, she watched him leave. Loki, who had been watching the entire deal glared in her direction, to which she gave him a smirk that slightly resembled his. His eyes flashed red and the furniture in his cell moved again. The sly smile that had been painted across her face quickly vanished. Instead, an uneasy feeling in her stomach replaced it and she turned away as to not see his eyes that were boring into her soul. She could feel him watching her; it was unnerving.

Sigyn did not dare herself to stare at the creature named Loki for the remainder of the day and decided to try and sleep before the lights went out. For the first time in the four days she had spent in her cell, not one nightmare interrupted her sleep.