Chapter 9 Lots of lies

"You said what now?" 

"You never asked him how old he is?" "Yes, I did. He told me he was nineteen. God, I'm so gonna kill that brat!" I was so freaking mad! Why would he lie about that? Just to get me to sleep with him? The doorbell rang again so I got up and opened the door. Who shows up at someone's door at this hour?!

"I followed the smell of pancakes" Ross said with a wide grin. Of course, ROSS would show up at MY door at this hour. "YOU! GET IN HERE!" I hissed at him, but as soon as I said it I remembered that Riker was here. "NO, WAIT! Just stay here for a second" I said and slammed the door in his face. I turned and ran back to the living room. "It's Ross" I said. "Yeah, I heard. Where do I go?" Riker said nervously and got up from the couch. I had to act quickly. "Run upstairs! First door to the left! GO!" I said and Riker did as I said.

I ran back to the door and opened it up to find a confused Ross looking at me like I was insane. "NOW! YOU! GET IN HERE!" I said, grabbed his arm and dragged him inside. "Something wrong?" he said still looking at me the same way. "I don't know? Something you want to tell me?" I asked in a harsh tone and crossed my arms. "No, not really." He replied confused. "Nothing at all?" I asked again. "No, but I have a feeling you're looking for another answer" he answered, still a bit confused. "So you don't really think it might be worth mentioning that you're FUCKING SEVENTEEN?" I yelled in his face. "OH, that..." Ross replied in almost a whisper while looking at the floor. "Why, Ross? Why did you lie about that?" I yelled again. "I just... I thought you might think I was too young and immature to even bother to get to know me and I thought that if I told you I was older it would get easier?" he said while fingering one of his bracelets. "So you lied to get me to sleep with you, is that it?" "No, not at all! It was just so I would get a chance to know you better" he was looking me straight in the eyes now. "Yeah, right!" I snorted. "So how long did you plan to keep this lie going?" I asked again. "I don't know. I never thought that far ahead. How did you find out anyway?" he asked back. "Riker told me, because Riker is a great guy who can be trusted!" Oh no, I did not just say that...

I saw Ross's face go from shocked to confused. He took a quick overview of the room and added everything together. Riker's shoes in the hallway, the extra plate on the table and the menu screen of the movie playing on the TV. Ross face turned redder by the second, and I saw him go from confused to furious. "Where...is...he?" Ross hissed word by word. And since I suck under pressure, I replied the first and probably stupidest reply that came to mind. "Who?" I have never felt this stupid in my entire life! Who? Was that really the best thing I could come up with? God, I'm so blonde!

"Where IS HE?" Ross screamed and started running through my house opening all the doors and calling Riker's name. I ran after him trying to distract him from the search. "Oh, so now you're gonna blame this in Riker? You were the one who lied to me, Ross! You and you alone! Don't even try to blame this on someone else!" I probably was just a buzz in the background to him, but I did my best. He was running out of rooms in this floor and he had only one way to go. Up the stairs.

I ran to the stairs trying to block, which only made him more certain that Riker was upstairs. He walked right past me like I wasn't even there. I ran after him and managed to pass him in the stairs and block my bedroom door. "Oh, so that's where he is. In your bedroom. Of course." He said he grabbed my shoulders and managed to lift me up and get me out of the way. He barged in and found Riker sitting on my bed. "WHAT THE HELL, MAN? YOU CAN'T GET YOUR OWN GIRLFRIEND SO YOU HAD TO GO AFTER MINE? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? AFTER EVERYTHING I TOLD YOU ABOUT HER AND HOW I FEEL, YOU DECIDE TO GO AFTER HER YOURSELF?" Ross was screaming his lungs out at Riker who didn't get a single word in. "Ross, it's not like that at all! I promise you! Nothing has happened! "So how do you explain the fact that you're hiding in her bedroom at night?" Ross asked a little calmer, but still really mad. "We're just really good friends and this has become sort of... a tradition" Riker replied, now standing up. "Oh, so you usually hide out here? You usually spend your nights at MY girlfriend's house, No, in my girlfriends BED after you spilled coffee on her and you became best friends? Do you really think I'm THAT stupid? Do you expect me to buy this crap?" "No, I never spilled coffee on her and we don't usually hang out here" Riker said in despair. "Then tell me the truth! Are you screwing my girlfriend?" "NO, I'm not screwing your girlfriend! I've never slept with her, I've never touched her and I've never... kissed her." Riker threw me a look, reminded of what almost happened earlier. Ross didn't notice it.

"Can we just calm down and go downstairs again. Let's just talk this out and get rid of all the lies" I said with a sight. Ross and Riker looked at me and nodded and we all went back downstairs. "How did you really meet?" Ross asked as we sat on the couch. "The first day I moved in here I needed a quick break from my parents, so I went outside. That's when I met Riker and we started talking and really hit it off. So I went out the next night I happened to meet him at the same place again, and since then we just kept meeting at the same place every night. And we just talk. Riker is my best friend" I told Ross and it seemed to really calm his mind. "Where did you meet?" Ross asked, but just as I was about to answer Riker got there before I did. "The bench by the cemetery" Riker said and gave me a look that meant for me to shut up and play along. I automatically turned back to Ross and nodded. I have no idea why Riker lied about that. "Okay, but why is Riker here and why did you lie about how you met?" "We'd only met outside at night. We never really saw each other and we were a bit put on the spot when you introduced us at your place. That's the first time we actually saw each other and the whole thing just got weird. I never told Riker about you, or us, either so it was awkward. I don't really know why I lied, I just felt weird telling you I've met him many times but didn't know what he looked like" I said. "And that's why I was here. I just thought that the cat is out of the bag so I went to see her like I do every night, just to make sure that everything was still cool between us" Riker continued. "Oh, Sorry for overreacting" Ross said and started fingering with his bracelets gain. "No worries, dude" Riker said. "Yeah, I know how bad it must have looked" I said and placed my hand on his thigh. He looked at me and smiled.

It was silent for a short while, and then Riker stood up. "Well... I guess the two of you have a lot to talk about, so I'm gonna take off. Ross, I'll cover for you with mum if it gets late... or rather early, I guess. I think this might take a while." He winked at Ross and left. Ross and I were alone now. After another while of silence Ross got up and took my hand. "Come" he said with a smile and tried to pull me up from the couch. "Oh no, Mister! You and I have a lot to talk about." I said without getting up. "Yeah, I know. Could we just talk about it upstairs? I want to lie down" he said, and he actually seemed really sincere. "Yeah, I guess" I sighted and followed him up to my room. I expected him to start undressing me or himself, but he didn't try anything at all. He just closed the door behind us and lay down next to me on the bed. "I'm sorry" he said after lying down. "For what?" I asked. "For all of it. For overreacting, for barging in and for lying to you." He said while looking at me. "It's okay" I said and smiled back at him. "No, it's not. And I want you to know that I didn't lie to you just to get you to sleep with me. I really thought I had a better chance at getting to know you if you thought I was older. I was afraid you would think I was just a little kid." He said and grabbed my hand. "But I don't get it. When we met all you wanted was just to have sex. You said you didn't want a relationship at all" I said, recalling our movie night. "I thought that's what you wanted. It was a desperate attempt to still hang out and spend time with you, and still get to kiss you from time to time. I thought I could keep a fantasy world in my head when I was with you that it was more than just sex and maybe you might fall for me along the way. Not that I didn't enjoy the sex, because trust me! I did! But it this is a breaking point for you I understand and respect that." He said and seemed really sad.

"Ross, I like you a lot. But I don't know it we are going to work as a couple. It has nothing to do with your age, and this is not a breaking point. I just don't know if it would have worked out anyway." I said squeezing his hand. "You don't know if you don't try, right? I mean... if you like me a lot and I like you a lot, what's the harm in trying?" Ross said and rolled over to his side, facing me. "I don't know" I said. "Exactly! Let's do it like you said earlier. Let's just go with the flow and take things as they come." Ross said a bit excited and kissed my hand. "Just sleep on it, okay? We can talk more tomorrow. Now, let's just pretend this never happened and do things like we usually do, okay?" he said before I got the chance to reply his previous suggestion. "Yeah, sounds good" I said. "Great!" he said and turned the lights off. "You're sleeping here tonight?" I asked a bit confused. "Yeah, if you don't mind. Riker said he would cover for me with mum and I never got those pancakes, so..." he chuckled. "I guess I'll just make you pancakes for breakfast then" I replied. "That would be great. Good night, Gorgeous" he said and leaned forward. He kissed me soft and passionate. It felt like my whole body was melting. He broke the kiss and placed an arm around me, pulling me closer to him. "Good night" I whispered back and I was out like a light.

_________________________________________

What do you think about Becca choosing to be With Ross?

And I'm thinking about starting to do imagines. Do you think I should?

Please vote and/or comment :)