‘Jah, Jason was here today?’ I could barely get my words out,

‘Busted!’ she flicked her long red curls over her shoulder and arched one of her pencilled eyebrows right up, ‘little miss innocent sleeping with her boss, how original,’

‘I am not sleeping,’

‘I’m not judging you,’ she whispered, ‘he’s smoking hot,’

‘I’ve already told you I’m NOT sleeping with him Shirley, and anyway it’s none of your business even if I were,’

‘So why did he come here all hot and bothered, demanding to know where you were?’

Was I sick in the head to be happy about that?  And how the hell did Jason make it back to my apartment before I did? And why didn’t he just call my cell?

‘I don’t know, I shrugged, ‘maybe the guys in costume need me for a fitting or something..’ my nonchalance was intentional.

Like I was about to forget we were halfway through a screaming match. Even if her face had softened out and there was a ‘let’s kiss and make up’ look plastered across it.  I was way too mad to give in so easily (and kinda hurt that she had screamed at me to move out).

‘So,’ She started fumbling inside her jeans pocket, ‘why does he want you to meet him tonight for dinner huh?’ she shoved a white piece of paper with scribbled handwriting into my palm.

My heart literally stopped beating.

‘I’m going to the store,’ I said heading for the door, ‘And FYI, I’ll be moving out of the apartment by the end of next week.’

 Julius Place Restaurant

I arrived at the Restaurant at precisely 8:30 that evening.

Looking and feeling like a bedraggled hag, I walked up to the main reception desk at Julius Place – yep, you guessed it, the restaurant where Scott worked. Don’t ask me why Jason had asked me to meet him there. Of all the places!

'Good evening Madam, May I take your coat?' asked the uniformed Man.

I shook my arms out of my denim jacket and handed it to him. Still wearing the awful outfit I had worn all day, I had to face him yet again in the same get up! My day was slowly turning into one big nightmare.

But I was thankful for one thing; there was no sign of Scott anywhere. I anticipated the sheer awkwardness of having to face both Jason and Scott at the same time, and I just knew without a doubt Scott would NEVER warm to someone like him. He hated the people in Hollywood at the best of times and Jason was his perfect demographic.

 'I have reservations with a Jason Greene,’ I felt as if I were interrupting the waiters as they stood gossiping by the tills. No wonder Scott was always complaining about his staff, I totally got it now!

‘Follow me please Madam,’

 I hated snazzy restaurants with their stuck up waiters and pretentious portions of food! After only a few seconds the waiter slowed down and I felt my nerves shoot right up.

Jason was stood at the bar, gesturing for me to go over and join him.

Here goes nothing.