Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

"Now I'm going to go save my mate." I snapped kicking the basement window open "You can either help me. Or you can go play loving sister." I sneered jumping up to the window and crawling out onto the grass, I tried to picture where they had taken him and the only fitting place was the grounds that the wedding was held at. I sprinted through the heavily wooded side of the forest and scaled a nearby tree.

I touched my belt and my katana appeared on its loop, I felt sick at the sight I had witnessed though. The council had tied Cedric to a log and was continuosly whipping him with a sharded whip slashing deep wounds into his bare back, I cringed at every pained yell and cry that ellicited from Cedric with every crack of the whip. I took this as my que to swoop down from the tree and land in the dirt at the base of the tree.

"Let him go. Now!" I bared my fangs at them unsheathing the katana from its place "Don't make me start a war." I warned pointing slashing the katan downa at them and slicing through the sharded whip in one of the member's hand. Dmitri snapped out of his blank haze and growled at the members and they scattered in all directions.

I scrambled over to where Cedric was and cut his bonds loose with my blade, Long deep slashes littered his back and he yelped in horrible pain everytime I went to touch him "It's okay, I'm so sorry" I raked my hands through his hair kissing his forehead as pained tears stained his cheeks "We need to get him back to the manor" Dmitri placed one of Cedric's arms around his shoulder and carefully eased him to his feet.

"Hayley! I need a little help here!" Dmitri yelled to Hayley who scampered into few "Holy shit! Take him to the infirmatory room!" Hayley ordered pointing to the room, A few other footsteps clomped down the stairs and William and Charlie stood at the bottom of the stairs. Charlie looked like death; Great now I have two things to worry about.

"We'll help" Charlie pulled William into the room with us to help move Cedric onto the table "Here take one of these" Charlie gave a syringe to Dmitri, Hayley and William "Sammy, you keep Cedric from tearing my throat out" He smiled slightly positioning himself at one of the many wounds, I nodded dragging a stool over to beside Cedric's head lightly taking hold of his hand "Please..Don't let them-Agh!" He yelled painfully twisting my fingers as the three of them jabbed the syringes into Cedric's back.

"We can just cover this over with a dressing and it should hopefully heal" Charlie pressed multiple squares of gauze over the wounds and taping them in place, I nodded absently as Charlie placed a hand on my shoulder placing a pillow under Cedric's head and a blanket over him "Gee you look horrible Charlie" I remarked looking over his tired and sickly looking palor "Oh yeah, hopefully it will pass and I can do more jobs at work" He chuckled tousling my hair roughly closing the door behind him.

Cedric's skin had lost a lot of its colour from the blood loss and he had calmed down a little but I think that was because they doped him with morphine "They didn't hurt you did they?" He rasped giving me the sleepy puppy dog eyes "No just stop being like William to Charlie for a second and try and heal" I retorted combing his fringe with my fingers as he fell asleep quickly thereafter.

--Charlie's Point Of View--

William had fallen asleep in our room a while ago and I was finally able to escape without him worrying so much. I made my way downstairs into the living room, I guess nobody was home because the house was entirely dark aside from the illuminescent blue of the moon shining through the open curtains giving the room an eerie aura to it and it was very unsettling.

"Charliee." A sweet voice called out to me, I slowly turned to face the person standing nearby "Ingrid? Why are you here? You're dead" I frowned keeping the distance between us "Oh I am, I just needed to talk to you" She smiled appearing at my side "Talk to me? Um. You clawed me half to death" I ground out sliding away from her "I was a werewolf vampire hybrid they do that. Now I'm a ghost I'm more human" She smiled sincerely taking hold of my hand and leading me through the house out into the backyard.

"You're in grave danger Charlie, You and the Nephilim too." She continued leading me out onto the forest tracks "What's a Nephilim?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows thinking back to my books "You'll have to find that out yourself" She giggled mischieviously tightening her grip on my hand as she skipped along the dirt trails, even the forest had an eerie air to it. I looked up to the sky at the moon that was a bright blue colour giving off a blue light, I haven't seen a blue moon before.

Ingrid stopped abruptly and I bumped into her back "Right here, this is where it will happen" She looked around solemnly as we found ourself at the cliff face near where I had originally been attacked by Ingrid herself. Flashes of blood and a body burned into my vision and the sounds of gunshots and shrill crying pierced my ears. I clamped hands over my ears and squeezed my eyes shut "Stop! Stop it!" I yelled clenching fistfuls of my hair in my hands, I shot up in bed yelling and screaming in hysterical panic gasping to try to intake air into my lungs so I wouldn't suffocate.

"Hey Hey you're okay" I felt William's strong arms wrap around my shoulders protectively stroking my hair soothingly and the fit of panic slowly subsided as I clung to the front of his tee shirt helplessly "I'm sorry I should of woken you up when you started squirming" He dropped his head in apology resting his forehead against mine "No, You were asleep too. Quit being so harsh on yourself" I leaned forward to kiss him gently and leaned my head back against the headboard.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He cocked his head looking at me with slight worry in his eyes "Oh, I just dreamed that Ingrid was talking to me." I mumbled looking down at my lap "What? Its not possible for her too" William took in a sharp breath and moved to sit beside me "She said I was in danger. And so was a Nephilim." I scratched the back of my head still trying to think as to what that meant. I looked to William who paled noticeably nodding lightly "I actually don't know what a Nephilim is unfortunately. Was there anything else?" He pressed leaning closer in interest.

"Gunshots. And a very high pitched cry, like a young child of some sort" I rubbed my hand over my face climbing out from under the sheets to strip off my sweater to leave the thin tee shirt I was wearing on. Suddenly the dizziness and pounding headache from the night before started to return and the walls started spinning, I felt myself sway dangerously to the side but William had rocketed out of the bed and caught me before I hit the floor.

"I'm going to be sick again" I grunted clutching my head dizzily stumbling into the bathroom as a new wave of nausea took over and I had only just made it to the toilet in time. My stomach contorted painfully from the lack of food as my hands shook hastily holding onto the side of the basin, I felt Will's gentle hand rubbing circles into the middle of my back "That stomach of yours must be killing you" William chuckled brushing back a few stray hairs from my face.

"You don't say. I told you it was a pain in the ass, just go back to bed because you have to travel out of town with Dmitri and Joel and the rest of the pack today" I cleared my throat sitting back against the wall, the cool tiles against my head felt incredibly amazing right now it made my headache feel a whole lot better "I don't think I should go" He muttered uncertainly placing a glass of water into my hands.

"Go god dammit. You'll get a break from me and the pubescent teenagers for a few days" I gulped down the water and sat it down beside me "Isn't marriage about staying as close as possible to their spouse?" William frowned looking at me oddly setting the glass back onto the basin.

"Yes but you're a Beta of a pack, you shouldn't neglect your position" I pulled him down to my level to kiss his cheek "You seem a little feverish, you should get back to bed" He wrapped his arm around my waist and stood me up slowly walking me out of the bathroom and setting me down on my side of the bed pulling the thin sheet out from under the comforter and draped it over my shoulders.

"I'll be back in two-three days tops" He smiled leaning down to carefully kiss my forehead as he stripped off his pyjama pants to change with my favourite jeans that he always wore to impress me "I'll be here or at work" I buried my face into the pillow "You are not going to work while you're ill. Stay inside" He ordered giving me a look that told me not to disobey him and I nodded straining myself not to roll my eyes at him

"I love you so just take it easy so you don't keel over before I get back" He smiled sincerely closing the bedroom door behind him. I stared aimlessly up at the ceiling with no Will to spend my time with I was actually really bored, The images of the bloodied corpse started stuttering across my field of vision and the high shrill cry cut through my eardrums like knives. Oh boy, this is going to be a long day.