» 14

"I'm gonna be using the bike," I announced, fidgeting with the strap of my backpack. Dad arrived home today before dawn broke, and as he slept there on our sofa, he just mumbled something incoherent as a response, obviously tired out of his wits. I just figured I'd let him know so that he won't be looking for it later this day.

I jogged to our backyard and got to the bike, seeing Jack lift its old head to peer at me curiously.

"I finally know how to ride one, Jack," I grinned at him, and he barked back once. He was probably wishing for my safety; this bike looked like it would be falling apart if I as much as bump into something. It was really a miracle that it could carry my weight. I waved at Jack before pedalling out of the backyard and into the streets in front.

The wind blew the hair out of my face, the morning air seeping through my uniform as I zoomed past houses and corners. I still felt that magic; my stomach was still not in its normal state because of the giddiness I felt.

The school wasn't that far. I just rode the bus before because I didn't want to walk home alone. It probably took me more than twenty minutes to reach the gates, exhausted and almost breathless. It was a good thing I was always early to leave our house, otherwise I'd be good as late with that bike. I leapt out of it and proceeded to pushing it to the parking lot, right across to where I remembered Lalisa's bike was always parked.

I wanted to wait for her, even if it sounded crazy. What even was crazy anymore when you knew someone like Lalisa?

I waited. Students flocked in the gates, and there were a few cars here and there from the teachers as well. I spotted Jimin and Hoseok with their own bikes, and the former winked at me and made a finger gun before he and our happy hyung went inside. He probably expected that I'd be waiting for Lalisa.

I stood there, one hand clamped over the handlebar of our old bicycle.

My heart felt heavy with dread but I wanted to remain calm, shaking my head as thought after negative thought appeared in my brain.

In the end, however, Lalisa still didn't show up.

» » »

author's notes

what happened to lalisa? xD i just wanna clear up that all of bts are in the same year level, but the hyungs are still hyungs and the maknaes remained maknaes.

(sorry if the chapter's too short. >.<)