» 05

Stepping off the bus, the fuzzy feeling I got from earlier dissipated as quickly as it formed.

I opened the door to an empty house. It felt very humid inside what with the lack of windows and the cramped, small space. My peripheral vision caught a glimpse of something white, and I turned to see a note left by Dad on the old sofa, telling me there were noodle packs in the cabinets if I wanted any.

I scoffed.

Ignoring it, I stepped inside the dark living-room-slash-dining-room-slash-kitchen and shut the door behind me. Kicking my shoes off, I walked towards the fridge and fished out the single strawberry milk drink in there. I wasn't hungry anyway.

I slowly walked up our narrow staircase as I sipped on my drink box. There was only one bedroom in this place, and the fact that Dad gave it to me was one of the two reasons I felt a bit grateful towards him.

The other reason was that he gave me what I needed to survive and kept me alive, basically.

And that's about it.

My bedroom was small but I couldn't fit it into my list of complaints, so I learned to appreciate it. It'd never be the same, but God, it's just so tiring to think about anything at this time of my life.

I fell down on my bed and it creaked loudly, making me wince. The drink box fell too, leaving the dripping straw between my teeth. I closed my eyes, lifting my arm to cover them, and just tried to rest for now.

I was aware that my life was a different universe inside this house and outside it, and I wouldn't ever be ready to let anyone discover this side.

But people, heh, people could be reckless if they wanted to, and I won't exactly know when I'd let my guard down for any one of them.

I bit my lip, rolling over to my stomach and dipping my face down the mattress.

Now that I was here though, I was afraid there's already someone I felt completely, foolishly vulnerable to.

And good God, it's only been a day since I got here.

"Do you even know how much you affect me right now?" I muttered, my voice muffled by the bedsheets beneath my face.

I bet you don't.

» » »

author's notes

do you miss fetus jungkook? i do.

anyways, what do you think of the story so far? :D and omg, thanks for the 100 reads, you made this girl happy xD

(p.s. i just wanted to specifically thank SunshineLA for supporting me and my story behind the scenes <3, and also to lalalisakook for sponsoring me xD love you guys)