» 08

"Seriously?"

I gave Jimin a face and he shut up, looking around to make sure no one was listening in. I let out a frustrated breath and ruffled my hair out of habit. I didn't really want anyone else involved with this crisis of mine, but I felt so hopeless and unworthy that time that I just went ahead and asked Jimin for a bike riding session, without sparing a second thought.

He didn't agree without a fight though. He led me to the library after school hours, and just proceeded to interrogate me. This pink haired boy who amazed me with his unwavering determination pushed me until I spilled my sole reason, and unsurprisingly, he was beyond perplexed as to how this even happened.

He leaned back to his chair, eyes not leaving mine. I stayed patient though. If I wanted to be on his good side, I had to try and answer all of his questions.

"Do you like her, Jungkook?" he asked, and it was so obvious that he was trying to come across as nonchalant and not judgmental.

I didn't know.

"Maybe," I said quietly, then I looked away.

"It's okay if you do," Jimin said carefully. "I just find her, uh, beyond ordinary that's all." Jimin raised two hands as if he was caught doing some crime.

This whole reaction felt like a knife that's made just to hurt me, and I felt anger build up in my chest and stick in my throat. It was so sudden too, I couldn't even control the words that I said afterwards. "Why didn't you guys try to know her better then? Are you just going to judge her because she acted this way?"

"Bro, calm down." Jimin let out a low whistle. "I didn't mean to sound offensive; I'm sorry for that, I really am. What I meant was, the way Lalisa acts now is the same as how she did last year. And we seriously just didn't bother, you know. So now it seemed kind of amazing you were drawn to her like that.

"Again, no offense." Jimin held my shoulder, and his face conveyed a genuine look of sorry.

I tried to calm down, but in the end I was still kind of pissed so I shook his hand away.

"So... Do you still want me to teach you how to ride a bike?" Jimin said after a long awkward silence, his voice almost pleading.

I looked at him blankly. God. He's my only chance at this point; I didn't want to repeat everything again to another person just to have them react as Jimin did. So I swallowed the remaining bits of anger in me, and just punched him lightly in the chest.

"It's not like I have a choice, do I?"

He grinned. "Great."

» » »

author's notes

idek.