» 04

The class hours were finally over. I was sitting on a bench with my backpack covering half my face, waiting for a bus to take me home.

The bus stop was just in front of my school, giving me a perfect view of students flooding out of its premises. The sky had turned an awful shade of grey this noon with the sun nowhere to be seen, and a slight breeze was making the hairs on my arms go up.

I let out a breath, about to fall into a quick nap since no bus planned to go my way anyway, when I saw a particular someone walk out of the school's front doors.

I lifted my head, eyes and mind awake again. Lalisa strode on the small grass path between the school building and the main gate, heading towards the parking lot. I strained my neck to the side to see where she was going, and was surprised to make out a single bicycle amongst some immobile cars.

So she rides a bike to school.

I watched silently as she lifted her leg to get on the bicycle's seat, and I observed how she looked taller than most girls. I didn't get to see that before since I couldn't catch her standing up. How weird was that?

Before she pedaled though, she rang the bell three times for whatever reason, a small smile playing on her face. Then she set off outside, her bike slowly becoming a buzz of yellow in my eyes as she picked up her speed.

It had only been about three seconds and she was already a few meters away from me.

This stupid mouth of mine wanted to tell her something before she goes.

I stood up, my backpack falling off my lap and onto the concrete ground. "Lalisa," I said, my voice nervous and quiet. I breathed in deeply, before shouting with my hands on either side of my mouth, "Lalisa-ssi!"

I saw her grip the brakes. She turned her head around and looked for me, and when she spotted me, I saw a smile on her face that would seriously drive me mad later.

I shouted again. "Ride your bike safely!" My heart was pounding. "Okay?"

She released her hands from the handlebars, before cupping her mouth the same way I did mine. "I will, Jungkook-ssi!"

Then she rode off again.

And I would never forget the way the sun returned as her retreating figure finally faded away from my sight.