» 10

I didn't understand the weather in here. The first day was warm as hell but now it's raining; was it even spring? The last period we had, which was English, was mostly spent with me lying my head down on my table, trying so hard to get back my sleep after last night's lack of it. The teacher kept on shouting at me to pay attention but my eyes were so droopy and my head heavy, I couldn't even understand anything.

The rain outside helped my sleepiness too. The dark clouds casted a shadow over the streets beneath them, and the light that passed through the classroom's windows were gray and sad, which felt perfect for some sleep time. However, the rain kept on waking me up too because of their pitter-patters against the window panes, and I just wanted to groan so loud.

I felt so sleepy that I didn't even mind Lalisa that much.

I could feel her happiness though. Whilst everyone felt either down or bored from the rain, Lalisa felt the opposite and was practically jumping in her seat the whole time.

She was giggling too. That might have been creeping the others out already, but she looked so cute, I just — fuck. Stop messing with my head right now, Lalisa. I need to sleep... God.

I was half awake when the bell rang. Groggily, I slipped on my backpack and walked outside as if with a limp. Lalisa had different plans though, because she ran as if her life depended on it. I opened my eyes a bit more as I saw her figure push down the front doors and into the outside.

It was raining.

"Goddamn Lalisa, what were you thinking?" I muttered. I shook my head before chasing after her and at the same time, fishing for my umbrella inside my bag.

She was just standing in the middle of the parking lot, looking up to the gray skies. The sight felt so weird yet amazing, and I almost didn't want to block the rain with my umbrella but I thought about her getting a cold, so I fastened my pace and held the umbrella above her and myself.

Her clothes were already drenched and her hair soaked. She looked at me, droplets from her eyelashes falling on her round cheeks.

"You," I started, and I suddenly felt my cheeks heat up from how close we were. I coughed and looked away. "You might get a cold after this."

"It's okay," she said, though she didn't get away from me and my umbrella. Her brown hair became a shade darker after getting soaked from the rain, and her hair clips clung to them haphazardly.

My hand trembled, but I really wanted to tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear. So I did.

"Pabo," I said, softly. She only laughed. "Do you even have a towel with you?"

"Ani."

"Wow."

"Jungkook-ssi... Why do you even mind what I'm doing?"

I smiled to cover up my loud heartbeats, and then gripped my umbrella tightly. I gulped when I noticed my breaths getting shallow. "I'll tell you... Some other time."

She nodded. I internally exhaled in relief, if that could even happen.

So we just waited until the rain dissipated. Lalisa's feet smacked the ground for a long time before she finally stopped, obviously wanting to dance in the rain more.

"Should I not have stopped you?" I asked eventually once she was already mounting her bike, the rain finally reduced to a very slight drizzle.

She rang her bell three times again, as I noticed her do so on the first day, before turning to me with a small smile on her face. "It's okay. It felt nice being with you, Jungkook-ssi."

I silently sucked in a breath as she rode off on the wet pavement.

At this point I didn't know if I wanted her to stop or just continue going this way.

Either way, I'd still go crazy.

» » »

author's notes

i hope you guys listened to the video above as you read this chapter. :D "someone like me" is SUCH a sweet song.

what are your thoughts so far on the story? >.<