» 06

I kicked the bike's tire in frustration, but it just ended up hurting me even more.

The night before the first day of school was the first time I got here in Seoul, just a lost, angry soul waiting to have a house to live in. It had just been a week from there, but already it felt like ages.

I was basking under the harsh heat of a Sunday morning, and I decided only yesterday that I wanted to learn how to ride a bike. Dad had an unused bicycle in our small backyard that was just days away from being dumped, but I sucked it in and just tried anyway, since I didn't know anyone in this neighborhood who'd probably let me borrow theirs.

Needless to say, all the hours I'd put in during these two days didn't really pay off.

I was tired.

I didn't even know why I wanted to ride a bike in the first place.

Wow, Jungkook.

Who were you even kidding? Yourself?

Maybe I was just easily attracted to things that were out of place. Just last Friday, Lalisa brought to school a ukulele and tried to sing to us during lunch, but as always she only stayed in the classroom, and nobody bothered to listen, not even Bangtan Sonyeondan whom I thought would be friends with everyone.

But I didn't leave.

Her voice... I could talk about her voice for days.

She wasn't the best singer in the world, but goddamn, her voice sounded so sweet in my ears. I wanted to record it in my phone, but maybe that would be taking it way too far.

So that day I just stayed in the classroom and clapped for her. She smiled a big one to me as she tucked away her ukulele, and then proceeded to being quiet yet again.

I was beginning to get used to her being weird like that.

But still, I couldn't pinpoint the emotions I felt every time my train of thoughts swerved towards her.

I was sitting now on the dirty ground behind our house, right beside the bicycle. Sighing, my gaze turned to the kennel where we kept an old Korean mastiff. His head was laying on the ground with his big, floppy ears and nose that continued to sniffle. His big, brown eyes also looked at mine for a long time, so I proceeded to talk to him.

"Do you think I like her, Jack?" I didn't even know why Dad named him Jack. Must've been watching an English movie when he adopted this old thing.

He looked away as if rolling his eyes at me, and I scoffed at him in response.

"Yeah, continue ignoring me you old punk." I leaned my head on the fence, closing my eyes and all the while muttering to myself, "I didn't need your answer anyway."