Part 58

Eva's parents didn't live far. It was only two blocks. She ran for everything she was worth. She needed to get to her dad. Her dad would help her. She turned on their street, running to the third house and banging on the door. "Dad! Dad!" she screamed.

The door opened, her dad appearing, looking panicked. "What? What?"

"Arden. You need to get Arden. Please. Harry..."

He didn't even answer, he just ran for his car, speeding off. Eva's mother appeared. "Eva! What's happened?"

"He knows. Harry knows. He...he threw me out." Eva was breathing hard, body bent and hands on her knees.

Her mother sighed. "I knew this was coming. That Liam boy, right? I'm calling Miles and Mia. We will move you out. Now. Let's go. Your dad will get Arden. Don't worry." She put her arm around Eva and led her into the house.

"There is more, mom. I'm pregnant. It's not...Harry's."

Her mother just nodded, leading her further into the house and sitting her on the couch. She left Eva to go make phone calls. Immediately, she searched her body for her cellphone, praying it was in a pocket. She found it and pulled it out.

Eva: Do you have him?

Dad: Yes. The police are here. Harry is being arrested. Liam is being taken away by an ambulance.

Eva: Liam??

Dad: Looks like Harry beat him up. Arden and I are nearly there. Mia and Miles are emptying the house. Mia says she knows what to take?

Eva: We made a plan for the day I was leaving. She knows.

Dad: Okay, here. I'm going back.

"Momma?" Arden opened the front door and screamed for his mother. He came running into living room and threw himself at her. She wrapped her arms around him. "Don't leave me again!"

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm sorry." She held him tight.

"The police took Daddy. He hit Liam. I was scared."

Eva rocked him back and forth, holding him close. "It's okay, pumpkin. I didn't want to leave you, but...."

"Daddy was going to hurt you. I know, Momma. I know." Arden said. He snuggled into in her.

Eva's mother came into the room, updating Eva on the latest news about her house. "This is happening really quickly. Miles had given every server extra pay to come help. According to Mia, nearly everything is packed. She just wants to make sure on a few things. Call her and let me take Arden. I'll give him a bath and put him to bed. It's late."

Eva didn't care about things or anything Mia was worried about. Arden was safe. Now, she needed to find out about Liam. She'd treated him so badly and he'd been hurt by Harry. She needed to get to him and explain, beg for another chance. Well, a third chance​? She glanced around, looking for car keys. Her mother usually left them on the kitchen table. They were right where they had been everyday of her life. Smiling, she snatched them and ran out the door to her mother's car.

It was late, and the hospital was quiet. Eva wasn't going to let that stop her. He wasn't in the ER. The nurse was kind enough to tell her that he'd been moved to a room. The same nurse also informed her that visiting hours were over, so she wouldn't give her the room number. Thanking god for living in a small town, with a small hospital, she started narrowing down where he would be. She knew the 5th floor was maternity. 4th was pediatrics. 2nd was intensive care. That left 3 and 6. She'd never been to the 6th and every time she'd visited anyone it had always been on 3. Now, she had a floor. She just needed to find the actual room.

She started walking down the hall, peaking into room and glancing at charts. "Can I help you?" A nurse was walking toward her, looking very unhappy and suspicious.

"Uh, yes? I'm looking for Liam? Liam Payne? I'm his wife?" she said, hoping that would get her his room number.

"No you aren't. His wife is Dr. Payne and you aren't Dr. Payne. You are at her place of work. Want to tell me who you really are? Or should I call security?" the nurse said.

Eva sighed, cursing herself for being so stupid. "Okay, sorry. I'm his girlfriend. He's divorced. I didn't think you'd let me in unless I was family. I'm sure Dr. Payne hasn't been here and his parents live over an hour away. I don't want him to be alone."

The nurse was looking her up and down, trying to decided if she telling the truth or not. "Never liked Dr. Payne. He's in 315."

Eva smiled at her and hurried down the hall, looking for the room. She found it and raced inside. He was laying in the middle of the bed, iv hooked into his arm, bandages over his left eye, asleep. She pulled a chair next to him and grabbed his hand. Kissing it, she said a silent prayer, hoping he would open his eyes.

"Eva?" he said, turning his head.

"Liam! I am so sorry. What happened? Harry...."

"He knows, Eva. Sophia told him and he came after me. Are you really pregnant?" Liam said. "I'm sorry. I'm so thirsty. Can you?"

Eva turned to the bedside table and grabbed his glass of water. "Here." she said, holding the straw to his lips. He sat forward and took a sip before falling back into his pillow. Then he looked up at her, waiting. "Okay. Uh, I took a test and it says I am? I haven't been to a doctor or anything and last time, it was not viable, so I'm not..."

"Stop. Yes? The test said yes?" Liam looked excited.

"Yes, but don't get excited. Like I said, last time..."

"I don't care about last time, Eva. I care about now."

Eva started to cry. "I'm so sorry, Liam. For everything. I was so awful to you. Horrible. All you've done is love me and I've pushed you away. Over and Over. I've been to talk to someone, trying to figure out what's wrong with me."

"There is nothing wrong with you, Eva. You are a good person who doesn't want anyone to suffer, even Harry. You are loyal. You want to make everyone happy, even if your aren't. It's one of the reason I love you. I want it to be my job to make you happy." Liam said, looking at her, tears in his eyes.

"I want that, too, Liam." Eva said, leaning forward to touch her lips to his. "I want to be with you. Always. Mia is moving me out right now. It's real now. You are moving out. I'm moving out. Do you want this baby?"

Liam grabbed her hand. "More than anything, Evie. More than anything.

We are nearing the end! - Eva!