Part 57

Liam heard Harry yelling. That stupid window, facing their house. He wanted to run over and save her, but at some point, he had to stop letting her hurt him. She didn't want him. Eva wasn't ever going to let him in. Why keep putting himself in that place?

"Oh! This is a bad one!" Sophia said, walking out of the bathroom. She laughed. "Well, I think that's everything. It's all packed." She looked around the empty room. "I've got everything I want. I'll bring the kids back to your new place on Sunday. Hope he doesn't kill her this time. Still just wish he knew who he should be beating up. You destroyed this family, Liam. And hers. You can't tell me that mousey little bitch started this affair."

"I'm glad you are so happy she's getting beaten. God, you are an idiot." Liam said. He grabbed his phone and called 911, reporting what he heard to the dispatcher as Sophia went downstairs. When he got off the phone, he looked back out the window, watching Eva run and Sophia start talking to Harry. She pointed right at him. Harry looked up at Liam and at that second, Liam had no doubt that Harry knew. Harry knew what had been going on right under his nose. Harry knew and he was coming. Liam could hear him on the stairs.

Liam looked back out the window. Arden was standing in the driveway. Sophia had gone, Liam was sure. As evil as she could be, she wouldn't want her kids to see their dad hurt. Him getting hurt was okay, just not with the kids watching. But, who was looking after Arden? Liam looked again. The six year old was standing there, looking lost.

Harry burst into the room, screaming. "You! You! All this time and it's been you! You've been in my HOUSE! You've seen my family! But, you think it's okay to FUCK MY WIFE?"

Liam stepped back. "Harry, man. I'm sorry. Arden..." Liam gestured toward the window.

"DON'T YOU EVEN SAY HIS NAME!" Harry yelled. He leaped at Liam, knocking him flat on his back. Harry sat on Liam's chest and punched him, right in his left eye. Liam's hands went up, trying to protect the rest of his face as he bucked his hips, trying to get Harry off of his body. Liam pulled up one knee, hitting Harry in the back and knocking him off balance. Liam managed to twist around and use his arms to push Harry off. He stood and bolted for the door.

Harry chased him down the hall and to the stairs. Liam could hear sirens. He silently prayed there were heading for him, for Arden. Liam pushed open the front door, glad to see that Arden was still standing in the driveway. "Arden! Go in the house!" Liam yelled. "Go in the house and call 911!"

Arden turned to Liam and grinned. "Liam! Where is my dad? Where is my mom?" Arden's smiled faded as Harry came out the door, knocking into Liam. Liam stumbled forward, trying to keep his balance. He turned and Harry punched him again, getting his jaw this time. Liam felt his mouth fill with blood. Arden screamed, turned and ran. Liam had enough. He made a fist and swung back, getting Harry in the side of his head. Harry staggered backward. Harry regained his footing and both men ran at each other, grabbing on and trying to punch each other.

A police car sped into the driveway and two cops jumped out. One grabbed Harry and the other went after Liam. "Let me go!" Harry yelled. "He's fucking my wife! He's fucking my wife!"

The police man holding Harry just grabbed on tighter, trying to put cuffs on him. Liam stopped fighting right away. "Sir? There is a little boy alone in that house. He needs help." Liam nodded his head toward Eva's house.

The officer looked at the house and saw Arden peaking out from the garage. He pulled Liam over and asked him questions, trying to talk to him. "Where are your parents, son?" Arden pointed at Harry. The officer nodded. "And your mom?"

"She ran away after daddy threw her down. He gets mad and he hits her. She ran so he wouldn't hit her. He's mad about this." Arden held up the pregnancy test.

Liam stared at it and then at Harry, who was still fighting the other officer. He yanked away from the cop holding him and ran at Harry. "Did you hit her? Did you hit her? Is she pregnant?"

Harry gritted his teeth. "Get away from me." he said, trying to break free. He pulled one hand out, made a fist and swung. He got Liam in his temple, spinning him. Liam hit the ground with a thud, landing on his stomach. Harry kicked him in the ribs, hard, before the officer regained control and shoved Harry into the police car. As he pushed him in, he called for an ambulance. Liam, the pain in his side intense, closed his eyes and passed out.