Part 18

The alarm rang at 4am and Eva dragged herself back to her house and her room. She'd kissed Liam and promised to see him the next day for swim lessons. Her bed felt lonely when she went back to it and she wished for the sound of Liam's heart beat.

Eva drove to swim class the next day, parking by the Tennis Courts again, away from the crowds. She and Liam took the kids to their lessons, set their things down on the benches and then she told him to meet her back at the car. She'd forgotten something, she said. He shrugged and followed her, meeting her on the other side of the dressing rooms. She'd raced him to her mini van, opened the sliding door and crawled in, dragging Liam with her. "Kiss me." she said. He grinned and pulled the van door closed before diving at her. She pulled the leaver on the side of the chair, pushing the seat back. Liam kissed her, softly at first, before deepening the kiss, using his tongue against hers.

"Is there something the kids can do today without us? I want to be alone with you." Liam asked.

"Tomorrow. Tomorrow. They have camp." Eva panted back.

"I can't wait that long. I need you, now. Now. I want to touch you. Kiss you. Lick every part of you. Please." Liam begged in a soft voice.

Eva looked up into his soft brown eyes. "I want that, too. But, there isn't anything. Anywhere. We just have to wait. I'm sorry."

Liam smiled. "You are worth it." he said. He put his hand into her hair and kissed her again. "We better get back. The kids will miss us."

Eva decided to do her grocery shopping that afternoon so she'd have the entire day next day free. She dragged Arden all over the store, making sure she didn't forget anything. He whined the entire time, wanting to know why he was being tortured. No amount of bribery worked. It was a complete and total wreak of an afternoon.

When she got home, she backed into the garage and opened the back, carrying the bags into the house, exhausted. She didn't even try to stop Arden when he ran next door, ringing the bell. Jamie let him in and Liam came out. "Need help, Evie?" he said, grabbing a bag and helping her bring things into the house.

"Sure, but what about the kids?" she asked.

Liam grimaced. "Sophia is home." he said. "They are all playing video games." He started helping her put things away. "She's been given the afternoon off. The last time that happened, she'd been caught performing a sexual act in an inappropriate place. I'm not sure that's what happened this time, but..." He stopped, sighing. "I am just as bad as her, aren't I?" he asked.

Eva stopped putting things away and walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Why do you want to be with me?" she asked.

"What do you mean? Because I like you. I like to spend time with you. You make me feel good about myself. You make me smile. You care about me and how I feel. I feel happy when I am around you. Is that what you want to hear?"

Eva nodded. "And why does Sophia do what she does?"

Liam thought for a moment. "Well, I'm not sure? I think she does it because it gets her special favors? Like, the best assignments? Promoted? A partnership in a doctor's office? She's going to run the practice when the lead doctor retires. I guess that's why. It's what she told me."

"Okay, so, she cheats on you to get what she wants, not for any other reason? She's not in love them?"

Liam shook his head. "Well, and because she's disappointed with me. She's told me that before. I'm not powerful. I can't get her things."

"Right. She sleeps with men to get things. You want to sleep with me because you like me. You want me to be happy. I want to sleep with you for the same reasons. You make me happy, I want to make you happy. I...I think I love you, Liam. You are all I think about...well, except for Arden. I think about you and your kids all the time and how much I wish there was no Harry or Sophia. I think about how happy we could be. It's not just about sex, Liam. Remember? Complicated dating."