Part 47

Liam wasn't going to watch Eva suffer. He hurried downstairs and out his patio door. He ran across the lawn, up the stairs and to her door. He knew it would be unlocked. She just never could remember to lock it. He grabbed the handle and slid it open. He nearly laughed. Eva was laying on the couch. He just knew Harry wouldn't change. Sophia had promised, over and over, to change. She couldn't. She didn't really want to change. And why would Harry want to change? He had everything a man could want: A beautiful wife who cooked and cleaned, a son, a nice house and a boat. Hell, he even drove a sports car. He had a Lexus and Eva drove an old mini van.

He looked over at her, laying on the couch. She deserved so much more than Harry gave her. She should be treated like a queen, taken out, shown off. She did so much for Harry and he didn't even appreciate her. All Liam wanted was to make her happy. He walked over to her and laid down, pulling her close. She sighed and relaxed into him. His nose went into her hair and he inhaled her scent. She was heavenly. He let his lips move to kiss her neck. Eva moaned and rolled over, opening her eyes. "Liam!"

"Shhhhh...." Liam said. "I knew you were upset. I wanted to talk to you. What happened? Tell me!"

"Oh, It's just me. I'm to...I don't know...picky." She gave him a run down of the argument they've had. "I've just got to get over it, I guess. He's messy." She rested her head on his chest. "If this is going to work, I've got to change. I drive Harry crazy. I annoy him. I'm too demanding. No wonder he doesn't want to spend time with me. I'm just a fat, annoying person. I need to work on that."

"What? WHAT?" Liam was near yelling.

"Shh...Liam!"

"I won't shhh....I want Harry down here so I can punch him in the face. You don't need to change, Eva. He does. He's inconsiderate. He takes advantage of you. He hit Arden for no reason! I'm not completely against spanking, but spanking him for defending you? Seriously? And you aren't fat! Stop saying that. You are amazing and Harry is too stupid to see that! It's like he wants you to leave him!" Liam stood up and started pacing.

Eva stood up and put her hand over his mouth. "Liam! Stop it! Out! I asked you to stop! I asked you to leave me alone. I can't do this!" Eva started crying, grabbed her pillow and headed away from him.

Liam grabbed her arm. "Don't do this to yourself. We belong together."

"Leave!" she said, pointing at the door. "I can't do this! I need to help Harry. I did a horrible thing! I cheated on him! I have to do the right thing now!" Eva walked over to the couch, grabbed her phone and unlocked it, opening her contacts. "I'm blocking you, Liam. I'm blocking you because I need to help Harry. I can't see you. I can't talk to you."

"You want me to leave? Never talk to you again? That's what you want?" Liam was near tears. "Fine. I'll go! But not until..." He grabbed her and pulled her into a long, deep kiss. When he finally broke it, he backed away from her and walked out the door, sliding it closed behind him.

Eva sucked up her last sob, not thinking about the kiss. She looked at her phone and deleted Liam's number. Then she walked back upstairs and got back into bed with Harry, because it was the right thing to do.