Taking Money Ch. 4

Chapter Four

Philadelphia~ Carson

The ally way was clear. Carson searched around. "It's clear," He murmured. Carson and his buddies walked into the ally carefully. Carson turned around to talk to his best friend, Riley, when he noticed something on his other friend, Aaron. "Aaron," Carson whispered, "What is that?"

Aaron looked down at the gun in his pants. "Just in case," Aaron answered.

"Are you flipping crazy?" Carson asked.

"Just in case," Aaron repeated. Carson sighed loudly, and shook his head. Carson stood by Riley though, because if he ever needed anybody, he knew his best friend would be there.

At the end of the hallway, there were a group of guys waiting. Aaron put his hand on the gun, and just kept it there. "Yo Carson," Someone called at the end of the ally.

Carson squinted his eyes. "Max?" Carson asked.

"Dude," Max smiled, "I didn't know you were leader of a gang."

"We're not a gang," Carson answered stiffly. He stood in front of Max now. Max was a tall. He towered over Carson, but Carson had more muscles. If a fight broke out, Carson was able to beat Max to the pulp.

"Well then why are you here?" Max asked.

"You threatened one of my friends," Carson growled. He cocked his head to one of his friend's in the back. Carson's friend, Jashon, who had been beaten up severely, stood behind Aaron like he was scared of them.

"Aw man," Max muttered, "We didn't do that."

"Well then who did?" Carson asked.

Max looked around at the guys behind him. "Not us," Max shrugged.

"I think you're a liar," Carson argued.

Max looked around. He knew that his group was the ones who beat up Jay. There was no way to deny it when Jay saw them. When Jay was able to describe what they looked like and the names they called each other. "I guess," Max murmured, "That you're indicating we solve this with our fists."

"I never indicated that," Carson shrugged, "But if that's how it's going to be..." Carson shrugged again, and looked around. The rest of his buds nodded. "I guess it's a fight," He nodded.

"No chicks," Max growled.

"Why not," Keera snapped. Carson slung his arm around Keera's neck, and pulled her close to him.

"Don't worry babe," He whispered in her ear, "I'll make sure you're able to get a good punch."

"Sneak attack?" Keera asked.

"Sneak attack," Carson confirmed. He looked around, and made sure no one had heard. Then he pulled Keera even closer, and kissed her. Keera held tightly to his face, and he had to pry her hands off of him. "Go," Carson ordered.

Keera slowly walked away. She winked before she went into the depths of the ally. Carson glared at Max. "That another girlfriend?" Max asked. "You have, like, two different ones every week."

"That's my business," Carson growled.

"Are you really going to fight me Carson?" Max asked.

"Yeah, why?" Carson sighed.

"Dude, we were friends when we were in dippers," Max groaned, "And you're going to fight me? We were close friends."

"Were," Carson whispered.

"We can still be friends," Max insisted.

"No," Carson answered, "Not since you beat up Jay."

Before Max could respond, Carson charged at him. His fist was raised in the air, and he slammed it into his old friends face. That was when the fight broke out. Carson just paid attention to Max.

Carson pounded his fist against Max's face. It wasn't until someone grabbed Carson's hair until he stopped beating up his old friend. Carson spun around. "What is it?" He growled.

"Cops," Was all Aaron said. Carson cocked his head, and heard the sirens.

"Let's go," Carson yelled.

"I'm not done with you yet," Max yelled. He slammed his fist into Carson's face and then into his stomach. Carson doubled over in pain.

"Hey, it's over," Aaron sneered, "Stop!"

Max kicked Carson in the face. "This isn't over," He warned. "Let's go!" Then Max's group beat it out of the ally.

"Come on man," Aaron groaned.

Carson spit out blood. "That fight didn't even last five minutes," He growled. Carson wiped his chin, getting the blood all over his sleeve.

"Come on," Aaron begged, pulling on Carson's arm.

"Where's Riley?" Carson asked, coughing loudly.

"Here," Riley answered. Carson looked up, and saw his best friend smiling with only a few bumps and scratches.

"Alright," Carson sighed, "Let's go."

The sirens got louder as they scurried down the street. Riley was falling behind, so Carson grabbed him by the jacket, and pushed him further. He stumbled a little, but was able to keep up.

They all raced to Aaron's truck and hoped in. Aaron turned the car on, and started driving before he was sure that everyone was in the truck. Carson gripped Riley's jacket, and yanked him into the bed of the truck. "Come on man," Carson growled.

Riley pulled himself up further into the truck. He let a sigh of relief. "Thanks man," He muttered, patting Carson on the back.

"Man," Carson grumbled, "You need to take more care of yourself. You hear me? I can't always be there to save your sorry behind!"

Riley laughed, and wiped the sweat off of his forehead. They all sat in the back of the truck, crouching down. They made sure that no one was able to see them.

It was late at night, and to dark for Carson to see anything. He rubbed his head, feeling a headache coming on. "Dude," Riley chuckled, "Your eye is messed up."

"Oh great," Carson grumbled, "My Dad is going to have a cow."

"You can stay over my place tonight," Riley shrugged. "No big deal."

Carson knew that it was a big deal though. He knew that his Dad would probably drink all night, and pass out on the doorway. Carson would have to drag his sorry butt inside.

Carson couldn't think about that yet. Instead he had to think about not getting caught by the cops, because if he was caught, then his life would surely be over.