"The sun is still up and we are not far from the house."

He forgot that she wouldn't hear it yet, his hearing was a little better than hers because of the mutation. "I can hear a helicopter coming in our direction and I am not expecting anyone."

Lisa immediately looked up at the sky, she saw nothing because of the trees. "What do we do?"

"Get to the house asap." He walked faster towing Lisa behind him. He was focused on the sound coming closer and closer. It was a few miles out still but they were still ten minutes from the house. "Once we are in the open I need you to run as fast as you can to the house, but not before I tell you too."

"Okay." Lisa said a little out of breath.

As they neared the house the trees started to thin. Chris stopped just a few yards away from the tree line. He used all his senses, smell, hearing and eyes to find out if the house was empty and touch to make sure Lisa was there by him and safe. "Looks like the house is safe. We need to run now." Chris pulled her and they took off running to the house. The sound of the helicopter was so close now, less than a mile away.

Lisa ran as fast as she could while Chris was holding her hand. She had only one target, the front door. But ten meters from the house Chris changed direction to the left side of the house. Lisa followed him but the sudden change in direction almost caused her to fall. She heard the helicopter and immediately knew why Chris changed direction, the helicopter was coming from behind them and they would have been spotted by the people inside it if they didn't run to the side of the house where there was cover.

Lisa and Chris both stood against the wall on the side of the house out of breath and watched as the silver and black helicopter passed over the house. It was flying low and slowly. The sound didn't go away like they thought it would, it sounded as if the helicopter was circling the house.

Chris opened the kitchen door and pulled Lisa into the house. He pulled her up the stairs and to their room. "Go to the safe room I am right behind you. Don't turn back for anything." He watched Lisa enter the tunnel. Chris moved from window to widow trying to find the helicopter. He finally saw it a few yards from the house in a big clearing just to the right of the house.

Four men got out of the helicopter and moved in the direction of the house. They were armed with guns that was in their hands ready to fire if they needed to. The helicopter was now standing motionless and only the pilot remained. He got out and lighted a cigarette taking a pull from it as he watched the others as they went closer to the house.

Chris pressed a button on the remote that was attached to a key ring he always kept on him arming a silent alarm. If they tripped an alarm he would be able to see where. The alarm also locked every door and window in the house but it wouldn't keep them out forever. He followed behind Lisa and entered he safe room and arming that as well. The air was sucked out of the tunnel and the power came on inside the safe room.

"What happened?" Lisa was worried.

"The helicopter landed and four armed men came to the house." Chris moved to a wall where several television screens were mounted. He switched them on one by one. On the first screen camera feeds on the outside of the house appeared on the screen. The second screen covered the house inside and the third showed him where the silent alarms were on a floor plan of the house and all the dots were green, if triggered the dot will turn red.

Lisa kept her eyes on the screen. She was so focused on the screens that she didn't notice when Chris made a call.

"Hallo father. .... Yes I think King just landed on the island. ...Four and a pilot that I could see. I don't know if there is more somewhere else. ... We are in the safe room and Lisa is calm. ... How soon? ... We will wait as long as possible. ... Okay bye." Reinforcements are on their way.