Chapter 23 - Philip

Start from the beginning

"We're so young, we can't adopt, for gods sake Alex!"

"Yeah, you've made that clear!" He snapped, storming out the doors as I tried to keep up.

"Alex I-" he flung the car door open as I attempted to begin my rant and pulled the ring straight off my finger, throwing it to the ground, his eyes still fixed on me.

"It's that easy!" He huffed, jumping into the backseat with Laf and herc. Peggy scrambled out to retrieve the ring, stuffing it in her pocket and shooting deadly stares at both of us.

"Get in the car, dimwit!" She rolled her eyes and pulled me into the passenger seat vigorously. The drive back was silent. Completely silent. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was worse, it was those silences you have where you wait for the other person to apologise after a fight, even though you know you were in the wrong. A stubborn sort of silence.

"The fuck, John?" Peggy slammed her forehead on the wheel of her Jeep once everyone but us two where out of the car and back in the mansion. "What was that?"

"I-I don't know, I'm stressed, okay?"

"That's not an excuse! There was no need to start that fight! All he did was show some love for a child who lost his family, god are men so stupid that they can't analyse shit like that? I know I'm generalising here but seriously?"

"He was just talking to a kid-"

"A kid that was like him! When you grow up having a terrible childhood and crap parents- or barely any parents in Alex's case, and you feel as if you have nothing left to live for, you dream of a future family, where you make sure your kids don't get treated the way your parents treated you!" She stared at me as if what she said was meant to make sense. "I swear to god, this is why I'm a lesbian" she dropped the ring onto my palm and slammed the car door shut.

-

Eliza's POV

"The fuck, Alex?" I shouted, pacing around my bedroom as Alex sat cross legged on my baby blue bed sheets.

"Ok I possibly took it too far!"

"You pulled off his engagement ring, you idiot!" She lightly whacked me in the side of my head and exhaled loudly.

"That was really stupid"Laf muttered, watching Alex and I stress out while he and Hercules shared a bag of Cheetos.

"Well, he obviously doesn't want to get engaged!" He snapped, blinking back tears. "I need some fresh air."

"Gays, they're so dramatic!" Laf said, emphasising and extending the 'so'.

"Laf, you're gay" Herc replied.

"Oh... that explains it"

-
*SEASON THREE FLASH SPOILERS*
"Their engagement was only two days long and they somehow had more fights than Iris West and Barry Allen did during theirs. And Barry Allen had to fight an evil him and get sucked into a fucking blue portal yet Alex and John are more problematic!" I ranted to my sisters, leaning on the balcony.

"Maybe it's for the best..." Angelica twirled her hair and Peggy rolled her eyes even further back than before.

"You're still into Alex? Oh my god you-"

"I'm not! I'm just trying to help them" she interrupted, defensively. She was usually quite reserved so Peggy and I were almost taken aback by the outburst.

"Ok, fine, what do we do then?" Peggy huffed, resting her chin on her palm in defeat.

"They're only twenty one and twenty two, should they even be getting married?" Angelica started. Peggy and I shrugged, we'd never really thought about it. "I mean, this is Alex's first relationship and John's second one, is it even healthy for them to be getting married? They've been dating for four years I know, but still"

"You're not entirely wrong" I muttered.

"Hey, can we be included in this too?" Hercules asked and Peggy  pulled him and Laf into the room.

"I think they're nice and can get married" laf stated, looking for a kit Kat in a large candy bowl. "You never get married to your first relationship, only in movies and stuff and I feel like you oughta be pretty lucky to get that"

"Yeah, it's like the universe's way of saying 'sorry for the shit that happened earlier in your life, I'm offering you something good' I guess" Hercules nodded.

"You both sound stupid" I admitted, tugging at the rip of my pale blue jeans.

"Do not" Laf yelled through a mouth stuffed with m 'n' m's.

"I'm gonna go watch lord of the rings" Peggy picked up her jacket up from the couch and walked out. Why didn't I get one nice thing from the universe for my shitty childhood?

HIIIII. It's been a while! Sorry about this chapter it's super short but I've been very busy I'm so so sorry. How are u all?? I just saw Wonder Woman last night and it was THE BEST THING EVER. I literally fell out of my seat and started sobbing tears of joy once it ended. My friends weren't even surprised because I love superheroes.