Chapter 15 - Washington on Your Side

Peggy's POV

"Ugh you win again Liz" Angie whined while Eliza smiled proudly. We were in the middle of a heated Halo battle.

"Let's have another round" I said and my sisters nodded.

"MARGARITA" I heard Alex scream and the door slammed open, revealing Alexander.

"What's wrong!? You look like...... that. it's never good to look like that" I laughed and my friend glare at me.

"Are Martha and John getting engaged?" He asked.

"When Burr learns what an opinion is then yes, John will get engaged to Martha" I rolled my eyes and Alex looked relieved as he exhaled and let a small smile crack.

"Shit. I left John with his dad!"

"YOU DID WHAT!?" My sisters and I screamed. Eliza dropped the tub of ice cream she was eating out of and the three of us stared blankly at the panicking boy in front of us. He ran out of sight and Angelica, Eliza and I followed.

Alex's POV

I desperately tried to turn the door handle, panic rushing through my body while the girls all stood behind me.

"Here, stand back, I'm gonna kick the door in" I said, fed up with the stupid handle.

"You stand back, I'll kick the door in" Eliza growled, pushing me aside.

"I didn't mean it like a gender thing I just wanted to kick it in-"

"Alex!" Eliza yelled, pointing at the door.

"Alright. Together"

(A/N if anyone gets that reference then pls marry me)

We kicked the door down, cringing at the loud sound the wood falling against the bamboo floors caused. I scanned the room to see John, laying unconscious on the bed.

"John!?" I ran in and shook his body, desperate for a response. I felt around his wrist for a pulse, letting out a breath of relief when I found one.

"Angelica! Call Hercules and Lafayette!" Peggy yelled at her older sister

"But they're on a date!" Angelica retorted, pulling out her phone.

"their best friend is being sent to the hospital I think they're date can fucking wait!" Eliza screamed, snatching the phone from Angelica and dialling Hercules' number.

-

"Mr Laurens is fine, he just needs to stay here over night and you can come get him tomorrow" the doctor smiled, attempting to calm us all down.

"I'm not leaving he's my best friend!" Hercules yelled, his fists clenched, shaking by his sides. Everyone agreed with him.

"Ok we're all staying then" I muttered, piping up for the first time since we got here.

"We can only allow two-"

"I don't care We're staying" Lafayette screeched at the doctor who instantly nodded and walked away as fast as he could.

"Why is there always so much drama with our group?" Peggy asked, slumping backwards in the uncomfortable waiting room chairs.