Chapter XIX

The bowman was nearing the end of his journey. The Stylinson estate was within his reach and Zayn would return to him, he hoped. He continued to approach the gate, but still couldn’t see the faces of the guardsmen. Archer was determined for Zayn to be with him, even if he was weak from all the abuse.

From afar, the guardsmen noticed a figure walking towards the estate. They planned to react aggressively as was ordered by Louis. No one was allow in because of the lockdown, which wasn’t going away for a while. “Ma’am, I see someone approaching the estate. What should we do?” Athana tired to make out the figure in the distance, but failed to do so.

“Fire a warning shot.” The guardsman pulled back the string of his bow and shot an arrow toward the figure. He grabbed another arrow and waited for Athana's orders. No one knew exactly what was going to happen, but they needed to be prepared.

Once the shot landed by Archer's feet, he stopped and knew exactly what it was. They used a warning shot to stop him from getting near the estate. He knew that approaching the estate was now out of the question. The guardsmen needed to be signalled that he wasn't an enemy. 

The bowman was dragged into his thoughts and came up with an idea. He held his arm up so his brand was visable. He started his approach to the estate and only hoped he wasn't killed before reaching it. 

With the figure still approaching, the guardsmen took their aim at the individual and waited for Athana's orders. She was about to give the order until she noticed something on his arm. "Stop! Guardsmen identify that man!" The guardsmen nodded and tried to discover the identity of the man. It became much clearer as the man got closer to the estate.

"Ma'am, it looks like Captain Archer!" Athana motioned for the men to lower their bows, they did as ordered. "Do not allow the captain into the estate, I need to speak to Louis." The guardsmen stared at her, but didn't question her orders. She was only follow Louis' orders to the fullest, he ordered the gates to remain shut. 

Athana walked into the estate and directly to the war room. She didn't stop for anyone and walked in without permission. The officers stared at her and awatied for her to speak. "Archer is at the front gate, w-" Zayn pushed passed her and ran out of the estate. He pushed guardsmen and servants out of the way. 

The raven haired lad reached the courtyard, his eyes landed on the bowman right away. Archer's figure appeared weak and fragile. He was covered in wounds and his brand was quite visible. "Open the gate!" yelled Zayn. The guardsmen didn't move an inch, they remained motionless and steady. 

Louis and the others exited the estate and their eyes landed on Archer too. The raven haired lad turned around and looked at Louis. He had teary eyes and just stared at the group. He wiped his eyes and approached the older lad. "Open the gate! Please!" Zayn screamed and knew Louis was the only one capable of saving the bowman.

Archer just watched the situation unfold, his fate was in someone else's hands. He couldn't do anything, but watch his fate be chosen. Louis didn't speak a word and everyone stared at him, they would only act on his orders. He was hesitant to open the gate for the bowman, it could have been an attack planned by Ariel. 

Louis looked down at the ground and was about to speak, but something caught his eye. Harry walked directly passed him and headed toward the gate. The guardsmen attempted to stop him, but they wouldn't touch the curly haired lad. He was married to Louis and no one would dare harm him. 

"Open this gate now! Louis, if I was out there, you would have opened this gate right away!" Louis motioned for the gate to be opened, the guardsmen did as ordered. The raven haired lad walked over to his boyfriend and Archer fell right into his arms. "I love you, Zayn." Harry and Xander tried to help carry the bowman, but Zayn wanted to do it alone.