Chapter X

The extreme weather of the region continues and the estates haven't been able to contacted each other. The Stylinson estate is slowly recovering from the attack and every action they take is being carefully watched. They knew the estate couldn't handle another attack without assistance from someone. Any contact with the Dawnbreak estate is not going to happen, unless the weather calms down. 

For now, the officers of the Stylinson estate are enjoying themselves and trying to lift the morale of their guardsmen. Louis and Harry still haven't been speaking to one another, but they are willing to come together for their son. "How is your leg feeling, Tyler?" asked Louis. The child looked up at his father and smiled. He was finally happy that Louis was speaking to him. 

"I'm okay. Uncle X has been helping me and he is doing everything for me." Louis pulled his son onto his lap and hugged him. The child rested his head on Louis' shoulder. It was a moment that both of them adored. Tyler relished in the moment, Louis was always busy and they couldn't find the time for their father and son bonding time. 

Louis released his son from his embrace. Tyler kissed his father's cheek and returned to his seat. Harry watched Louis and Tyler interact with each other, they are the most important people in his life. Tyler was always happier and joyful with Louis around. The child wanted his parents to get along, they created a better environment for everyone around them. 

After watching his husband and son, Harry turned his attention to Zayn, he appeared to be in deep thought. "Zayn, is something wrong?" The raven haired lad was dragged out of his thoughts by the question. He looked at Harry and spoke, "No, everything is great. I'm just tired from all the work-" Zayn yawns and continues speaking, "I haven't spend much time with Archer. I miss him."

Harry nodded and leaned over to speak to Louis, he whispered something in Louis' ear. No one at the table was able to hear their conversation. Zayn was pulled back into his thoughts, he missed his boyfriend. The bowman was upstairs getting ready to spend time with Zayn. 

Azrael entered the dining hall, but no one seemed to notice his entrance. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed a muffin from a basket. The servants were attending the officers in the hall, this gave Azrael a window of opportunity. He planned to poison the heir to the Stylinson estate, as ordered by Ariel. 

Azrael poured a poisonous substance onto the muffin and prepared it for the child. He walked out of the kitchen and over to the child. "Hello, child. I have this muffin for you, I thought you might want it?" Azrael forced himself to smile and the child looked at him with mixed emotions. Tyler still remembered the incident and being saved by Beno. 

"I don't think Daddy or Papa would want me to have that?" The child knew it was wrong to take the muffin from the guardsman. Harry has been telling him not to spoil his dinner and he knew treats were after dinner. Azrael was about to speak when Xander interrupted his conversation with Tyler. "What are you doing here? To my knowledge, your assigned to main hall not the dining hall. Leave or I'll call the guardsmen." 

Azrael nodded, but slipped the muffin on the table right next to Tyler. Xander watched the guardsman leave the dining hall and returned to his duty. The child reach for the muffin and intend to eat the treat. However, Xander grabbed the muffin from his hands and threw it away. "Uncle X! That's mine!"

Xander looked at the child and spoke, "I don't believe your parents would want you eating it." The child and him stared at each other, until Tyler looked away. He knew Xander was right and brought his attention back to the others at the table. Unknowing to Tyler, the bodyguard took away the muffin for an entirely different reason. He didn't treat the guardsman giving Tyler anything, it could bring harm to the heir of the estate.