Chapter XII

The guardsmen of the Stylinson estate have become extremely vigilant. The attack on the estate rattled everyone and tension is continuing to grow. The guardsmen at the gate haven't been getting much of anything. They don't get sleep, food, or time to themselves, Louis doesn't want to give them a break. Athana has been temporary charged with the duties of the gatekeeper. 

In the distance, a group is approaching the estate. "Ma'am, we have an approaching group!" Athana motions for the guardsmen to ready themselves for the worst. She wasn't willing to take any risks with them. Protecting the estate was the only important thing to her. The group arrives at the gate and  most of them appear to be women and children. 

"You are trespassing on the land of Louis and Harry Stylinson! State your business!" The guardsmen are pointing their weapons at the group. They didn't want to harm the women and children, but were only following Louis' orders. "I am Lady Bloomwood, the rightful ruler of the Bloomwood estate. We were attacked by the Blackstar estate and our estate was taken."

Athana doesn't know if she should trust the woman or not. "I wish to speak to my son; Xander. He will properly identify us." The guardsmen lowered their weapons and Athana went into the estate. The halls of the Stylinson estate are silent and only the footsteps of the guardsmen can be heard. Athana walked into the war room and waited to be noticed.

Only officers are usually allow in the war room, but Athana needed to speak to them. The officers stopped speaking to each other and addressed their guest. "Athana, what do you need?" She remained silent and wanted to form her words correctly. "My lord, there is a group in front of the estate. One of them claims to be Lady Bloomwood."

Louis didn't even have a chance to respond, Xander ran out of the room. He pushed his way pass guardsmen and rushed to the entrance. He has never left Harry's side, but would do anything for his beloved mother. If need be, he would sacifice himself for his family. He exited the estate and ran to his mother's side, he embraced her. 

"What happened? Why have you left the estate?" Xander stared into his mother's eyes and only saw hurt and despair. He was attempting to understand why his mother would abandon the estate. The Bloomwood estate was their home and it needed to be protected. The others followed Xander out of the estate.

"We were attacked by the Blackstar estate and-" Lady Bloomwood is interrupted by tears. She couldn't contain her emotions and the sadness took over. Xander tightened his embrace around his mother. She cried into his figure and was unable to finish her sentence. The bodyguard was shocked to hear about his home being taken from them.

Commander Waters walked up to Louis and spoke, "My lord, I am Commander of the Bloomwood estate. Ariel has claimed the estate for himself and he intends to gather more supporters to his cause. I lost nearly all of my guardsmen during the assault. I would humbly ask you take in our women and children. The remaining guardsmen and I can stay somewhere else."

Louis is surprised by Commander Waters' words, the man was willing to leave in order to save his people. Harry looked down at the ground and Louis wrapped his arm around him. The curly haired lad rested his head on Louis' shoulder and relished in the moment. Xander released his mother from his embrace.

He approached Louis and waited, so he didn't interrupt their moment. "Louis, please take all of them in. These are my people, I can't abandon them. I won't abandon them, if you deny them entrance, I'm going with them." Louis nodded and looked at his husband who was giving him a worried look. 

The curly haired lad couldn't stand seeing Xander leave him. The two had built a friendship to last a lifetime. Louis thought it was best to repay the bodyguard for his service to the estate. "I'll allow them to stay with the condition that Lady Bloomwood and Commander Waters join us as officers." Xander nodded and his mother kissed him on the cheek.