"Yup" I piped my snark matching his.

"Alright then, suit yourself." He said turning and walking out of the kitchen without another word, Joe followed him quickly in tow.

-Nick's POV-

I knew by the quick succession of footsteps behind me that Joe did not agree with my handling of CeCelia's little diabetic rebellion.

"You are just going to let her do that?" he questioned his brows knit together in frustration.

I shrugged, "I can't make her take it Joe."

He scoffed folding his arms over his chest, "Last time I checked you were in charge not her. She has been getting away with a lot of defiance because of diabetes lately and I've been letting you head the decisions because this is really more your area of expertise but if you are just going to let her get away with crap because you feel guilty..."

I shook my head and smiled patting him on the shoulder "This isn't about defiance dude...this is about her wanting control over something that can't be controlled. She doesn't feel good right now, and she is about to feel a lot worse, trust me, she will take it but it is going to have to be on her own terms...She can't control diabetes, she can only manage it as it comes, the sooner she realizes that the better."

Joe dropped his arms deciding to accept my decision, "Fine, I'm not about to pretend I know what she is going through because I don't but I don't agree with her getting away with murder and blaming it on diabetes either; diabetic or not I will not hesitate to blister her butt if she gets out of line with me."

Joe had grown increasingly annoyed with CeCe's shenanigans and even more annoyed with my seemingly nonchalant response to her behavior. There was a level of understanding I had for her recent behavior that he could not understand. CeCelia has always been one to test her boundaries and that is exactly what I think she was doing with diabetes...testing her boundaries. Eventually she is going to break down and listen to her body, until then I am trying to be as patient as I can, Joe however has reached his limit.

Walking back into the kitchen I found Cee had still made no attempt to give herself the correction shot, instead she lay with her face tucked into her arms in a pout. "Let's get going, Grumpy," I said grabbing a bottle of water, granola bar and her 'betes kit and setting them on the counter in front of her; she reluctantly raised her head and sneered in my direction before shoving the items in her backpack.

-CeCelia's POV-

The ride to school was less than awesome, Nick seemed to be more tolerant of my grumptastic demeanor but Joe had clearly reached his limit of sass before we had even left the house. He shot me a warning glare in the rearview as I climbed into the backseat ranting about the cold leather seats, I took it as my cue to shut my mouth.

"Can I have my phone?" I asked jutting my hand in Joe's direction as he pulled into the parking lot.

He put the car into park before turning to me, the look on his face undeniably upset. "When you lose the 'tude you can come ask for your phone back, until then I will hold onto it." With that he stepped out of the car slamming his door a little harder than necessary making both Nick and I jump.

"It's your diabetes," Nick started, "I'm not going to tell you how to manage it, but please take that correction soon before your attitude gets you into trouble."

"You are right," I said grabbing my backpack and exiting the car, "It is MY diabetes" with that I slammed the car door and took off into the courtyard.

I was so sick and tired of feeling like I didn't have any say in my own life, diabetes doesn't follow the rules, it doesn't matter if you are good and bolus exactly the amount you should, diabetes will still beat your ass. I wanted to call the shots for a while, just ignore it if only for a day. Walking into the main corridor I found Josh leaning against my locker and smiled "Hey you, what are you doing here so early?"

Josh returned my smile. "I thought that you might be mad at me, I wanted to get here early so we could talk."

"Why would I be mad at you?"

Josh shrugged, "After I told you all that stuff the other night...I thought that maybe...and then I tried texting you a few times and you never texted me back."

"Oh!" I smiled opening my locker and shoving my backpack inside, "I don't have my phone, Joe took it the other day and he is keeping it until I can lose my attitude."

"That's good," Josh said with a relieved smile causing me to cock a brow. "That you weren't ignoring me that is...not that you got your phone taken away...that sucks."

"It's whatever," I said shrugging my shoulders and grabbing my books for first block, "it's not like I have a social life anyway."

"You don't look like you feel good." Josh said cocking his head to look me in the eyes.

I brought my eyes up to meet his, "Is that your way of telling me I look like shit?"

"No, you never look like shit." He defended without skipping a beat, "You look like you don't feel well, your eyes are glassy."

"I don't feel well, diabetes has been kicking my ass all weekend, still is." I admitted with a sigh.

"Need a hug?" Josh offered holding out his arms, I stifled a giggle and accepted the hug from Josh allowing him to wrap his arms around me and give me a squeeze, the smell of his cologne delighted my senses as I took a deep breath. "Need a kiss?" he offered with a smirk, I smiled pushing away from his chest "Nice try." I said turning to walk toward class. Josh shrugged, "It was worth a shot."

Chapter End Notes:

It's been forever I know, a lot of shit for lack of a better word has been going on in my life on that list marital issues, sickness, spring break, birthday parties, severe lack of me time and writers block...I think I have it all sorted out now though so back to writing. The next chapter is already done and it will go up tomorrow, enjoy lovelies! PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE!!!