Pool House

“CeCe wait!” I heard Matt call after me as I made my exit out the front, the screen door slamming loudly back into place behind me. Running shaking fingers through my hair I drew a ragged breath attempting to calm my nerves. I had precisely fifteen seconds to collect my thoughts before Matt bellowed out the front door.

“Was it all a lie?” I spat angrily as the screen door slammed behind him. “You and I dating…was that some big elaborate plan of Sam’s to torture me? She knew….SHE KNEW how I felt about you…Did she have you pretend to like me so you could break up with me and break my heart?”

Matt quickly closed the distance between us, his look one of fury. “What the hell are you talking about? You think I would actually do that? That I am actually that manipulative…”

“Sam is.”

“You know what…Sam isn’t as much of a bitch as you paint her out to be CeCelia…she’s just honest…she may not spare feelings but at least I know what to expect from her…and I’m not the one that ended our relationship remember…YOU are the one that did the heartbreaking sweetie, not me. Don’t pretend that her and I being together is some big shock either…we were a couple for almost a year…we broke up because I was interested in you…but you made it quite clear that you didn’t want to be with me anymore and ever since you have been hanging out with Josh who CLEARLY has a thing for you.”

“Yea, he does…but I told him the same thing I told you… that I just wanted to be friends…that I needed time…I didn’t think you would immediately rebound back to that bitch!”

“That is hardly fair…you can’t just expect me to hang around hoping that you will decide to go back out with me. We went out and it was great and then it ended, it fucking sucks but it is what it is…I like Sam, and I'm not going to apologize to you for that.”

“That’s just fine.” I spat turning around and heading back for the front door. “I hope you two are very happy together.” Throwing open the door I stomped my way back into the kitchen grabbing my bag with one hand and a fistful of Josh’s shirt with the other and tugging him toward the backyard. He followed without question allowing me to lead him to the pool house.

“I think it’s locked…” he offered apologetically, Without pause I plucked a fake rock from the flower bed and retrieved a hidden key, turning it in the door we quickly ducked inside

Josh looked around in amazement before whistling. “Nice little digs here.”
“Justin told me where the hideakey was a long time ago..I used to crash here sometimes after Mom and Dad died.” I started.  “…right after…my house just reminded me too much of them. I couldn’t sleep there so I snuck out a lot …this place was sort of my safe haven.”

“Is everything ok?” Josh questioned pulling my bag from my shoulder and tossing it onto the small couch nearby. “You seem really upset.”

I let out a sigh, “I’m fine…I just needed to get out of there for a little bit…away from…everyone.”

“You mean away from Matt…” it wasn’t a question, Josh was no dummy by any standards and he certainly wasn’t clueless when it came to being observant.

“When I told you that I didn’t want to date right now because I didn’t want to hurt Matt’s feelings…that was only half of it…” I confessed, “I mean…I guess somewhere deep down I thought that…ugh….” 

“That you and him might get back together?”  he questioned knowingly, I nodded.

 “The thing is…if I’m honest it’s not him I even want to be with…it’s you…”

A smile tugged at the corners of Josh’s mouth before slowly fading, “So…why did you get so upset just now?”

I shrugged, “They dated before we got together…in fact I’m fairly certain she started dating him just to torture me…when I saw them together I just thought…that maybe they were just playing me the whole time…so I got all pissed off and made an idiot out of myself.”

"He's the idiot." Josh said with a grin.

Looking up at him, I shook my head. "And what makes you say that?"

"He had a shot at getting back together with you if he had just waited till you were ready and trust me…you are the type of girl that’s worth the wait." Josh whispered before pressing his lips to mine, when he met no resistance from me his hands slipped around my waist pulling my body flush to his and my fingers tangled in his chocolate brown locks. “Sorry…” he apologized pulling away suddenly and running his thumb over my bottom lip now swollen from his attack.

I sighed in frustration before looking up at him. "Why are you apologizing?"

"I didn’t mean to…I mean…I shouldn’t have…we're supposed to be studying."

"I thought you were supposed to be the bad boy." I teased shooting him a smile.

Josh smiled before letting out a relieved sigh, “Let’s just get through our exams next week and then we can revisit this whole kissing thing…that is…if you want to…”

“I’d very much like to revisit the kissing after exams.” I confirmed with a giggle.

A smile again tugged at Josh’s lips, “Good….”

                                               *********

“Cecelia....” I heard my name a few times before peeking a tired eye open to see Professor Burke. “Cecelia hunny, wake up…”

Blinking a few times to adjust to the light I took in the sights around me before panic set in. “OH MY GOD! What time is it?”

Checking his watch Professor Burke looked at me with sympathetic eyes, “6 am…”

“Josh…wake up.” I said reaching across the couch to shake Josh awake. Raising his head he immediately grabbed at the crick in his neck attained from his awkward sleep position. “We fell asleep.”

“Cee, how did you two get in here, this place was locked.” Professor Burke questioned before I sheepishly fished the key from my pocket and handed it over.

“I’m so sorry…Justin told me where the key was…I used to crash here sometimes after Mom and Dad died…things got awkward with Matt and Samantha Chase last night and I needed a place to study.”

I watched Professor Burke’s eyes shift between Josh and me before nodding, “Why don’t you get your stuff together, I’m sure your brother is worried, I will give him a call and then take you two home.”

I nodded thanking him quietly as he made his way out of the pool house and left Josh and I to gather our things. “Fuck me…I am dead.”

Chapter End Notes:

Ello Lovies! Happy Monday. Have some drama. NOM NOM NOM.

Dont forget to VOTE (often and on as many chappies as you can...it moves it up in ratings :) and leave me your thoughts below :)

also...

Be sure to subscribe to my other YouTube Channel...I'm pretty opinionated as you may know so thought Id start sharing some opinions via VLOGS.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Welcome2thechaosVlog

ummm....what else....

got Instagram? stalk me! MoeMoe7

XOXO!