Intimidating Jonai

I woke the next morning already in a foul mood, rolling out of bed I shuffled around my room gathering up my homework and shoving it into my backpack before yanking a fresh uniform from my closet, snapping the hanger in the process. "Son of a bitch!" I spat as hanger shrapnel flew in my direction hitting me in the face. A clearing of the throat immediately caught my attention and I turned to see Nick, he cocked a brow in my direction letting me know that my little outburst had not gone unheard. "Sorry," I said rubbing the abused skin on my cheek where the hanger had hit. Nick's shoulders shook slightly as he unsuccessfully attempted to stifle a chuckle.

"Having a rough morning Baby girl?" He questioned picking up the shard of plastic that had just attacked me from the floor and shooting me a smile.

"Only I could injure myself getting dressed," I whined pulling on my plaid skirt over my 'mingos, Nick chuckled and placed a kiss on top of my head.

"You have to be at school early today so you need to pick up the pace, Joe sent me up here to make sure you were out of bed."

"I'm hurrying..." I said slipping my blouse on over my cami and buttoning it, Nick's brows knit together in confusion.

"Is that one of Morgan's uniforms?"

I looked down at my uniform then back up to Nick confused. "No, why?"

"It looks too big," Nick noted tying his tie.

I sighed pulling my hair back into a messy ponytail, "It is...lost a few pounds when I was sick."

"Hrmm...ok well hurry it up please, you still need breakfast." Nick instructed turning on his heels and heading out my door.

"Good morning," Joe greeted as I walked into the kitchen a few minutes later, I gave a halfhearted smile before turning to the cabinet to get breakfast.

"Did you not buy any peanut butter?" I whined.

"I was busy yesterday dealing with you and your little rebellion, I didn't make it to the store," Joe said over the top of his paper. "I just bought a jar two days ago..."

"I ate it..."

Joe sat his paper down on the counter cocking his brow in my direction, "ALL of it? Goodness CeCe..." I closed the cabinet in frustration and walked over to the fridge grabbing a bottle of water and the milk before pouring myself a bowl of cereal. "I will go to the store after school today." Added Joe, I nodded continuing to eat my breakfast without another word.

***

I walked into Joe's class and took a seat setting my backpack down with a sigh, nothing like starting off the morning with a punishment, on the plus side, compared to this, the rest of my day should be cake. Moments later the classroom door opened and in walked Josh...with a black eye. My eyes immediately widened as I stood from the desk and quickly rushed him. "What happened?"

Josh shrugged sheepishly, "What are you doing here?" he questioned avoiding my question.

"Truancy is a school issue, Joe is giving me my punishment this morning just like you," I said bringing my hand to his chin and turning his blackened eye towards me to inspect it closer. "Again...what happened?"

"It's nothing," he said taking my hand from his chin, "Don't worry about it."

Anger filled my eyes, he didn't have to say anything, I KNEW what had happened. "Matt did this." It was an accusation, not a question; before Josh could respond the classroom door opened and Joe walked in, immediately taking notice of Josh's black eye.

"Nice eye," Joe shot a disapproving look in Josh's direction before setting his bag at his desk. "Let's go, let's get this over with before class starts." He said heading to the back of his class toward his office and opening the door.