Tantrum

-Monday, day 4 in the hospital-

-Kevin's POV-

I threw the car into park and raced into the hospital as quickly as I could. I had received a panicked phone call from Cee four minutes prior while on my lunch break telling me to come right away, she was clearly in tears so instead of heading back to school I headed here. Cee has taken her diagnosis remarkably well, a little too well in fact, she has been playing it off as if it is no big deal...my guess is reality has just hit. I busted into her room to find her sitting on the edge of her bed in tears.

-CeCe's POV-

"Hey baby girl, what's wrong?" Kevin asked as he entered my room to find me mid-freak out on the edge of my bed, I brought my watery eyes to his.

"They won't let me have peanut butter!" I spat tears running down my cheeks. Kevin stared at me blankly before letting out a breath he appeared to have been holding.

"You called me crying because they wouldn't give you peanut butter?" Kevin chuckled looking both relieved and amused.

I let out a sigh of frustration, "Kevy, it's not funny, I called you because I knew that Joe and Nick would just make fun of me...I thought you would be different...lesson learned, next time I will call Cat."

"Cee, it won't kill you to go without for a few days.

"Oh no? I beg to differ." I felt a tear slowly run down the path of my cheek. "I hate it here, my tv only gets three channels and two of them are news, the food sucks, my bed is uncomfortable, and the nurses are mean...this peanut butter thing is just the last straw...I want to go home, I want to sleep in my own bed and eat food that doesn't taste like cardboard...I want things to go back to normal."

Kevin's face fell. "Cee . . . your life will return to normal, trust me, we all want you home just as much as you do."

"Maybe there is something else wrong with me, isn't it every girls dream to have a few days away from parentals? I mean who wouldn't want a little alone time and space from three overbearing overprotective brothers?" I sniffled hastily wiping the tears away from my eyes.

Kevin smiled. "I hate to be the one to point it out but you're not like every other girl."

"So you agree, I'm a freak." I pointed out looking disappointed.

"What I'm trying to say is that you've always been close with Nick, Joe, and I. You have never been the sister that wants to stay away from her brothers." Kevin pointed out. "Don't tell them I told you but Nick and Joe have been moping around the house waiting for you to come home. They're like little lost puppies that don't know what to do when you are away."

I perked up hearing his words. "They miss me?"

"Contrary to popular belief, we do love you. We hate that something is wrong and we are powerless to fix it." He smiled. "We have all been counting down the days, hours, and minutes until you're home with us." His words comforted me and I smiled as a nurse came into the room.

"Are you through throwing your tantrum?" Janice, my day nurse, asked giving me a pointed look.

I sheepishly nodded, now feeling guilty for my childish outburst. "Yes, Ma'am. I want to go home, I miss my normal routine, my bed is lumpy and the food is horrible, peanut butter was just the last straw for me...but I shouldn't have spoken to you the way I did, I'm sorry."

Janice nodded her head before picking up my chart and glancing over it. "Never in my 16 years of nursing has anyone thrown such a hissy fit over something so simple as peanut butter." My head fell, and I let out a sigh feeling the sting of the reprimand I was receiving from my main nurse. She took a seat beside me on the bed. "I agree with you though, these beds are horribly lumpy and the food is awful, unfortunately you are stuck with them, and me until we can get you up and running again."

I nodded my head and sighed, "I'm really not such a spoiled brat usually..."

"Not all the time," Kevin added with a smirk, causing me to roll my eyes.

Janice patted my hand before standing up and walking through my door. "I have your lunch and was able to pull some strings. You already bloused for a certain amount of carbs, but I was able to do some carb swapping."

My eyes widened as she set the tray down in front of me. In a small plastic cup was a glorious glob of peanut butter waiting there for me to devour. "You're the best nurse ever!"

Kevin and Janice both laughed as I eagerly dug into the peanut butter. "You have to eat more than just the peanut butter. If you don't touch anything else, that'll be the last time I pull any strings in here for you."

"Yes, ma'am." I nodded, licking my spoon clean before spooning another glob into my mouth and sighing contently.

As I finished my last bit of peanut butter the door to my room flew open and in stomped Cat paying no mind to Kevin but instead zoning in on my main nurse, "AH, just the person I wanted to talk to ...who do you think you are huh? You are supposed to be taking care of Miss Jonas and making sure she is happy and healthy not torturing the poor child, that is the last time I bring you candy I can tell you that much...are you that mean? Is your life so void of happiness that you get your funzies by making children cry?"

"CAT!" I yelled, causing her head to swing in my direction, "She snuck me peanut butter..."

Cat turned back to my nurse and grinned sheepishly. "You're pretty." Janice rolled her eyes and walked out without another word.

Kevin shook his head and smiled. "Well, I can see you are in perfectly capable and crazy hands...I should get back to work."

"Who are you calling crazy?" Cat asked, looking at Kevin with a glare.

Kevin smirked before kissing me on the forehead. "The boys and I will be back after school. Behave."

"Oh, you have nothing to worry about." I smirked as Kevin shook his head.

"With you and Cat together, I find that hard to believe." He said, heading toward the door. "I'll see you later. Love you."

"Love you too."

"Please tell your brother I have missed his hot body every second we've been apart." Cat said with a devilish smile.

Kevin laughed. "Right, tell Joe you've missed him . . .check. Anything you want to add Cee?"

"Nope! I'm good!"

Chapter End Notes:

Things have been crazy with Christmas just around the corner, hoping to get more updates up in the next few days. So, everyone has heard the new JB song...thoughts? Made a dance montage check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52PesQ_WqCE

ALSO! Doing another questions video, if you have questions personal or about one of my stories post them in the comment section here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS33r4SZGhU