Kairi smiled wide, "It's hard to fathom isn't it? But I like you too, you're my best friend."

Molly looked a bit chuffed, "You're mine as well." She nodded and they both shared a smile.

"Which is why I need your help." Kairi sighed, "What in the hell am I supposed to wear?"

She sat now in the back of the sleek car wearing a very simple black dress. It had a peter pan neckline that sat just an inch or so below her collar bones; low enough to not bother her, but high enough to be modest. It had capped sleeves that covered most of her tattoos and a form-fitting bodice that fanned out at the waist into a pleated skirt that hit two inches above her knee. She wore a simple pair of black tights that were slightly sheer with a herringbone pattern on them. On her feet she wore a pair of red, sequined flats. She wanted to look nice, she wanted to look almost professional, but she wanted to remain herself, so her eye liner was still dark and her lips matched her shoes. Sherlock would most likely be upset with her if she tried to look too different. Just for him, she wore her hair down in her natural waves, aided by product to keep away the frizz.

She looked out the window, trying not to worry her lip between her teeth and she felt Sherlock's hand reach out and gently trace the pattern on her leg, just below her skirt. She grabbed his hand sharply and set it between them, but did not let it go. She didn't hesitate to glare slightly at Mycroft who seemed to snort at their interaction. She spared a look at Sherlock who seemed more morose than before. She had gone through it with him strictly, he was not to engage in any action he wouldn't do in public, just to spite his family. He had agreed when Kairi had told him that those actions would not only make her feel uncomfortable with the pressure of meeting his parents, but it also made her feel used. She laced her fingers through his and squeezed his hand quickly and she peeked over at him to see his lip twitch as he gazed out the window.

They were heading somewhere into the country side. Kairi had no idea where, but it was beautiful. They had been in the car for quite some time, but going through panic attacks and trying to focus her breathing had kept her busy so she hadn't been keeping track.

She tried to imagine who Mr. and Mrs. Holmes would be. In the few times Sherlock and Mycroft fought over their parents and the one time John mentioned that they discussed "mummy" it seemed she was formidable and they were both desperate to please her. If Sherlock and Mycroft couldn't please her, how in God's name could someone like Kairi?

And the father. Oh God the father. If he was anything like Sherlock and Mycroft he would be cold, calculating, and devastating. They never talked about him so what if he was some sort of monster? Sherlock and Mycroft disliked many people and insulted even more than that, where did they learn it all from?

Images of Freud were dancing in her head and she felt herself begin to shake until she felt Sherlock squeeze her hand gently. She tried to take another breath, wishing she could have a cigarette or twenty before they arrived. She glanced at Mycroft, brow still knitted and deep in thought; she looked at Sherlock who finally looked at her and smiled in a sad way.

She tried to calm her heartbeat, what on earth did he know that she didn't?

A few minutes later they pulled up to a very nice and very large home. It was rectangular, two-storied and painted a rather bright red, weather worn, but similar to Kairi's lipstick. She smiled at that. There was a fence around the front, built from grey stone and rod-iron pikes for the gate. It looked very nice, but also quite normal. She was expecting something Victorian or something with white marble and lots of columns. She glanced at Sherlock who was staring at the home with something between disgust and longing. It really was quite odd.