Chapter 17: Logan Fell

Start from the beginning

"Of course, Arina. Next time just be careful okay? Especially now, there's a new vampire in town." He replied, his eyes softening as they gazed at mine. He might've picked up on the mask I had put on.

"Does this mean you're staying in mystic falls?" I questioned, secretively trying to see if he would mention if Damon was going to stay.

"Yes. Damon and I are staying here until we can find out who this vampire is." Stefan replied, hopefully oblivious to my intentions.

"So, you have no idea who it could be?" Elena asked Stefan worriedly.

"None." Stefan answered, shaking his head. "But it must be somebody new because leaving a body like that, they're either sloppy or they're trying to send a message," He concluded.

"And you're sure it's not Damon?" Elena inquired.

I honestly don't think it was Damon. I'm not going to tell them that though. Besides, I don't think he would be sloppy about his killings without alerting Stefan to clean it up.

It seems like Damon is genuinely trying to keep a low profile. It could be why he killed Lexi in the first place. He could've been trying to make Sheriff Forbes steer clear of him and Stefan. His actions definitely weren't justifiable though.

"Well, I'm never sure about Damon, but he's been trying to keep a low profile lately, so it's just doesn't make any sense to me." Stefan stated, thinking the same thing I was. I nodded my head in agreement while tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, "So what are you gonna do?" I questioned.

"Damon is tracking them right now." Stefan replied before standing up and facing Elena as he added,"Look, I promised you the truth so I wanted to tell you. I want you to be careful," He glanced at me as well and added, "Obviously you too Arina. You can come to me if you ever need anything, you know that right?"

I nodded at him even though internally I was uncertain about Stefan. He showed a lapse of character and it made me question whether the whole nice guy thing is just an act.

After school, I used the compass and followed where it directed me. I arrived at what looked like an abandoned warehouse and immediately called Damon. I had a bad feeling about this place and definitely didn't feel safe alone.

"Hello?" I heard Damon question smoothly into the phone. I could tell he was smirking on the other end because of the tone of voice he used.

I gave the address of where I was at and questioned out curiously, "So...what now?"

Damon reassured me, "Just wait. I'll be there in minute."

"Okay, when do you think you'll get-" Before I could finish my sentence I felt a breeze of wind that carried the scent of musk whip past me. I turned around  to see Damon staring at me.

I gasped out, clearly startled by him.

He gave me a small smile which prompted me to question, "So, why did you need me to do this?"

Damon stared at the compass I was toying with in my hands as he replied, "Because I interfere with the signal...And I needed some company."

I raised a brow at him, "And you thought I would be good company?"

He didn't reply at first. He just smirked and motioned for me to follow him. When he finally spoke he whispered, " Follow closely behind me and be careful." Damon then turned his attention to the entrance of the warehouse.

Of course he was making me tag along on his mission to find the new vampire in Mystic Falls.

I softly exhaled and followed him closely. As he opened the rusted warehouse door it screeched loudly, like it hadn't been opened in years.