Karma's Death

Drip, drop, drip, drop,

So cold...it was freezing. I shivered as I wrapped my long, fuzzy tail around me despite it not doing much. I heard shouting in the distance along with a light. I need to run, I need to get up but as much as I try, I cannot. I felt my wings automatically wrap around me. I hear the shouting getting closer.

"WE FOUND HER!" a voice said, full of pride and yet a fearsome anger in his voice.

"Finally! That fur on her tail will be worth thousands!" another voice said. I was trembling, exhausted, scared, weak.

"Let's just cut off the extra parts, we need a new toy anyway," I tensed up at sounding that. No...no no NO NO NO! I can't lose these! I can't become a toy!

"Oh I wish, but the boss says we need a female one to get the money we need; I'll get the rope," the other voice said. I started to attempt to get up. I was almost instantly kicked back down, "Correction: I'll get the net,"

I couldn't move on the way. I was injected with something that didn't really allow me, as well as being in a cage. I have one thing to say about this; this sucks. The cart was suddenly kicked and I fell to the floor.

"ALRIGHT NOW PICK UP THAT DAMN CAGE! WE HAVE WORK TO DO!" a voice said, female for once. I heard the cart be lifted up, did I mention that it was covered? I shifted, finally being able to move. I was quick to sit up and scoot back to the corner away from where I felt the cage was heading. I pressed as far back into the corner as I could. I may or may not have put too much weight into that one corner because the cage fell over. I yelped in surprise and pain as I hit the frozen, metal bars. The tarp over it came loose slightly revealing what looks like an alleyway. I quickly tried to hide somewhere, ANYWHERE, in the cage. I saw a girl peek in.

"Yup, she's still there," the girl spoke, not seeming to care even a little about me as the cage was straightened. I fell over with a thud as the tarp was tightened, hiding me from anyone's view. I looked at the markings on my hands and arms, as well as legs. The marks that proved the very thing I am: a revenge beast. The cage was abruptly dropped.

"Here she is numbskulls. Now give us the damned money," a male voice spoke, harsh and cruel with a strange intent that seems to strike fear into my mind.

"Take off the tarp first," I froze as I saw the tarp loosen and started to be removed. I instantly retreated to the back, shaking with fear and tears threatening to fall. The tarp was fully removed to see people in masks and suits. One man, standing in front of the cage, was completely different from the rest. Instead of the blank mask and black and dark grey suit that everyone else wore. He had a masquerade mask of a dark midnight blue with an iron trim as well as a pure, yet dark, red tux with a tie that had two swords on it. I started shaking even more than ever, but I don't know why as the tears fell ever so quickly. The man smiled and handed the person next to him a suitcase. "There we go. Nice doing business with you," he spoke.

"As always, Lucifer," she spoke. Everyone else left as 'Lucifer' came closer to the cage.

"What's your name?" he asked, his voice unusually calm. I only whimpered in reply, terrified. He laughed at that, "Cat got your tongue?" he smiled at me. "Well you better get it back, because I'm not talking just a whimper for an answer, alright sweetie?"

"J-jewel!" I cried out in fear.

"Full name, including middle,"

"J-j-jewel I-Iqui L-l-latin!" I shook with fear. He smiled at me as he went behind the cage, retarping it.

"Go to sleep, Latin," he whispered as I suddenly felt completely drained of energy, "You have work to do in the morning," my eyes automatically closed as everything, went, black.