T.A.M.L. Chapter 41: In sister's arms

The sembreak ended after that day of confession. Zen and Alhiette already knows about my relationship with Kyllaku. They were so happy. Although we have to keep this to ourselves or else the school might know about it and separate us.

Elvira's POV

My younger sister came back from her friend's grandfather's house. I heard she was attack by a boy named Ash. I may not seem to care about my younger sister but I do love her. I love her more than I love myself or my boyfriend.

I must admit that I was being hard on Elliasse all this time ever since we were young. I didn't even bother protecting her from the torture she received from our parents.

I just wanted Elliasse to grow strong. Strong and prepared for the unexpected, I don't want her to end up regretting her decisions one day.

I don't want to see her grieving because of something that she can't do or she's afraid of. I want her to be a strong individual. And hope that one day, she can stand up in her own feet.

I went back home after she recovered from the injuries she got from the trip. I woke up and changed into something other than my assassin clothes.

"It's been a while since I last wear these. I'm surprised that it still fits me. I guess I didn't gain weight or height either." The moment that I went to Elliasse's room, I realized that she went off somewhere so I went out to look for her.

It feels really weird to go out at day. Usually, I would practice my skills inside the shrine. And also, there's so many people around me. It brings shiver to my whole body.

I bet Elliasse felt this everyday, poor little sister. Or she doesn't because she's used to it.

I stopped the moment I saw her long blonde hair. She was with that boy she liked so much. I slowly followed them  I overheard their conversation and got very interested.

I can hear.... sobbing.. and crying? Is that Elliasse I'm hearing?"

"I..... don't... remember. Why can't I? Why can't remember?! He was....... I'm so stupid! Why did I forget such........ idiot!" I lean closer to hear more of what the reason she's crying.

I peeped so I could see the scene. Elliasse ears was exposed, so our very existence is no longer a secret to this man.

"*Sob* After that kill, I cried and cried every single night of my life. Not once did I forgot about him. That was a lifetime torture for me. I always remember his smile and he always protect me from my angry classmates. I was shocked as I learned more about my sister's grievance towards her first friend.

I wish I could've done something, I wasn't even there for her when she was lonely. What kind of sister am I? I just realized this now?!

How horrible can I be? And I think so highly of myself. What a pathetic disgrace. I can't even protect my little sister from all those horrible childhood training.

I thought I was stronger than my sister. but it appears that I am even more weaker than anyone here. If I was the one in her position, I would have given up... a long time ago.

Hearing her crying and finding comfort from someone else instead of me, made me feel more selfish. The only thing that she wanted was to be loved and taken care of. But it was too much to ask for her big sister.

Having to realize these thoughts, I didn't even noticed that I was crying myself. I was carried away by my sister's story. I said that I only want her to be stronger, it came true.

But I didn't think she was suffering all this time. And now, she's grieving an  crying. I can sense her longing for love and yearning for comfort. But I can't give it to her.