Part 16

Back at the house, Anti sat at the computer feeling utterly exhausted.  He had to get the video up as soon as he could... and Dark wasn't helping.  Behind him, Dark paced the room proudly as he told him.  "How long will it take for me to reach a following like yours? With a video like that, I expect it to reach some high numbers".  Anti picked up the camera and used his other hand to pull the data for the video out.  The green data code hung in the air as Anti let it scroll through to make sure it was all there, answering Dark in a drained voice.  "It could take a while, Dark. It took me a month to get the following I have".  When he was sure that all the data was there, he waved the data into the computer screen and focused on uploading it.  Sans lightly tugged on the gauge in his ear to draw his attention.  When Anti turned his head, he saw what Sans was looking at.  Dark was leaning against a wall, pointing his gun at little Sans lazily. 

Dark flashed him a grin, playfully asking Anti.  "Wanna find out if that thing is immortal like us? I can hit him from here".  Anti straightened up in his seat.  He was too damn tired to be playing this game.  Focusing his energy, he snapped back at Dark.  "I wouldn't if I was you".  Dark pulled back the hammer with a loud 'click' and Anti turned back to face the computer screen, stating bluntly.  "But I'm not you... Which is good thing. I'll live longer".  Anti closed his eyes, watching Dark through Sans's eye as Dark pulled the trigger.  Anti shifted planes and everything started moving in slow motion.  Climbing to his feet, Anti turned and took the bullet from midair.  Sans bounced happily on his shoulder, but Anti told him numbly.  "Don't get too excited... I can't do this for long".  Quickly approaching Dark, Anti knocked his gun away with one hand and punched him hard with the other.  Just after landing the punch, the planes converged back to normal.  Dark stood perplexed and rubbed his jaw as Anti yelled over Chica's barking.  "Dark! I'm trying to work! So, if you want this fucking video to go up!  STOP BOTHERING ME"! 

Dark turned merciless eyes on him, yelling back over Chica's continued barking.  "I CAN'T RELAX WITH ALL THIS FUCKING NOISE"!  Anti shrugged carelessly, telling him sharply.  "Not my problem! She's technically 'your' dog! You do something"!  Dark nodded clicking back the hammer of his gun, answering a bit softly.  "You know. You're right".  Dark shoved himself off the wall and started walking toward the sliding glass door.  Anti sighed heavily, walking back to his seat at the computer.  Curiously though, Anti glanced toward Dark who stopped before the door, saying bitterly.  "You know what... this is too good for you, mutt"!  Dark clicked the hammer back and set his gun down on the coffee table.  Opening the sliding glass door and raising a hand out to Chica.  Chica lunged up to bite him, but was forced back across the ground by a black mist.  The black mist surround Chica's every limb and she began to whimper and yelp in pain.

Anti felt a surge of energy from another plane and Sans shifted the planes without him asking.  Anti caught a brief form running out the door to Chica's side.  Desperately clawing at the black mist, was Mark.  Yet, as he touched the mist he screamed in pain as his hands burned.  Sans shivered and huddled against his neck.  Dark's mist was torturing anyone who touched it.  Where did he learn to do that?  Sans flashed an image of the green mist that Anti had made while playing the drums... then the clone jumping into Dark at the park.  Scarcely, Anti whispered to little Sans.  "He's cloning my abilities? Absorbing my energy allows him to clone my skills and twist them into his own Dark energy".  Sans tugged on the gauge in his ear as if to answer 'yes'.  Anti watched Mark turn to Dark and scream out at him desperately.  "Stop it! I'm begging you! Don't hurt her any more"!  Dark let out a loud chuckle, before saying darkly.  "I wonder". 

Dark stepped out into the backyard, removing his knife and slicing his hand.  Anti had to squint to see what Dark was doing.  Dark leaned over Chica's body, yanking her head up by her collar and flexing his hand until his blood streamed into his mouth.  When her tongue was coated in his blood, he released her collar to let her fall limply back to the ground.  Anti turned in his chair to watch more closely.  What was Dark thinking?  Dark stood over her body, staring down at her.  Then after a minute, he snapped his fingers and called out in a commanding voice.  "Sit"!  Chica quickly jerked up into a sitting position like a highly trained animal.  Dark grinned proudly, telling Anti over his shoulder.  "Now this is a pet".  Dark walked back into the house, firmly telling Chica.  "Heel".  Chica rose up to walk beside him, her features changing into something else.  Chica's fur turned grey and her eyes turned a solid black.  When Dark stopped before Anti, Chica immediately sat down.  Anti watched a red Mohawk appear on Chica's head, before he turned his eyes up to Dark's level.

With a devilish grin, Dark told him smugly.  "Nothing more loyal than a dog. I think I'll take her for a walk and get her something to eat. You want anything while I'm out"?  Anti simply shook his head.  Dark didn't say anything more.  He just turned on his heel and Chica followed along after him.  When Anti heard the front door close, he turned to Sans, telling him comfortingly.  "I don't need a loyal follower. I have a partner in crime".  Sans slithered across his shoulder to nuzzle under his jaw, and Anti added in happily.  "Besides, your pocket size. That mutt stands out too much and I doubt she can do what you can".  Anti finished uploading the video and stretched.  He needed a major recharge.  Rising out of his seat, Sans started to bounce on his shoulder hinting at something behind him... but Anti already had felt it himself.  Straightening up, Anti slowly turned around to find Mark standing behind him and now at Mark's feet.... sat Chica.  To Be Continued...