Chapter 33

"Can I help you?" Drew asked whirling around to face the guy that had stopped him mid-sentence. The first thing I thought when I saw him was, "shit, he's HUGE." I mean, the guy looked like he was about 6"5 and he was also packed with muscles that could probably knock out a person with just one punch. However, the soft features of his face made him look less scary and younger. He looked about eighteen. His blond hair was tousled and his baby blue eyes stood out above pretty cheek bones.

If this guy was here to pick a fight with Drew, I would highly recommend that Drew ran and saved that pretty face of his. Drew was around the same height as the guy but nowhere as muscular as him. I took this as an opportunity to observe Drew.

He wasn't skinny or lanky. He had a slender build with just enough muscles to make him look attractive and intimidating but not enough to beat this guy in a fight.

"It's been a while," the guy said ignoring Drew's question. "You don't come around anymore," the guy said moving closer to Drew as if to give him one of those guy hugs. Drew took a step back and let out a harsh laugh that held no humour.

"You talk to me like we are still friends," Drew said to him, his voice coming out harsh and unattached. I was seeing a totally different person now. This was not the person I had been joking and playing pool with all night.

The big guy made no response. He only watched Drew and I noticed how his eyes went soft despite the harsh glare that he was being given.

"You're always going to be my best friend." Big guy said, his tone soft but this seemed to make Drew angrier. From where I stood I could see his grip on his cue stick tighten and his shoulder grow tense.

"No," Drew said through gritted teeth. "I am not your friend. You are absolutely nothing to me."

I caught the big guy's wince and even I winced. That sounded way too harsh to be said to someone who had been nothing but polite. But, it was quite obvious that there was history here. For whatever reason that Drew was angry at this guy, I'm sure it was well founded. I wouldn't say I knew Drew but he didn't hit me like the kind of person that would be mad at someone for no reason at all. But, this was none of my business and I'm staying out of it.

"Look man, " the big guy said running his hands through his hair, "I've tried calling you to explain things but you don't pick my calls. I tried getting a message to you through Hayley but y..." He was cut off by a snarl from Drew. "Stop calling me and stay the hell away from my sister," he snarled taking a step closer so they were toe to toe.

I know I said I was going to stay out of it but this seemed like a perfect time to jump in. Unfortunately before I could say anything, the sound of believer by Imagine Dragons came on halting any further action. I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my phone. The caller ID said Damon.

Our fight came back to mind. I was in no mood to talk to him. I hit the reject button and put my phone on silent before slipping it back into my pocket.

When I looked up, Drew and the big guy were still in a glaring match. Well, Drew glared and the other guy just stared at him.

"Get the f*ck out of my face Alec and stay the hell away from my sister." Drew whispered harshly under his breath. He bumped the big guy as he moved to the other side of the table to take aim at the ball. The big guy whose name I now knew as Alec did or said nothing to this treatment. His eyes only followed Drew around the table. He finally looked away from Drew and looked at me like he was seeing me for the first time.

"Who are you?" He asked, not unkindly. I was going to answer but Drew beat me to it. "None of your business; I thought I told you to move along." He said with a glare to Alec who did not spare him a glance as he waited an answer from me.