chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

During lunch I explained why I was late to Ashen. He was really happy for me about my new job. After school I went back to the apartment complex, it was very quiet since I was alone. I decided to get some of my homework done.

A few minutes into my work the doorbell rang. He's back already, I expected him to be later than this. I opened the door expecting it to be Damon, but it wasn't, it was Kyrn.

She squealed loudly when she saw me, I was also really happy to see her. She threw herself at me and hugged me tightly and I did the same.

"Taylor, how are you" she asked, "I'm okay" I answered. She walked farther into the apartment dropping her bag on the couch. "Where's Damon?" she asked looking around like he was going to come out anytime soon. "Don't know he said he'd be back late" I answered. She simply shrugged and dropped down on the couch. We sat down on the couch talking, homework totally forgotten.

She told me about her college life and I told her about my boring high school life and about the party this Saturday. She squealed again at that, saying she was going to help me get ready. We had dinner and talked for a while after dinner, and she went to bed leaving me alone with my homework again.

I couldn't concentrate on my homework so I closed my books. Honestly I was just waiting for Damon. I know he told me he was going to be late again and yesterday he came home late and with a girl.

What if he's doing the same thing again, and comes home with the girl from yesterday and I was left waiting for him like a fool. 

Why am I bothered about him coming home with the girl from this morning? She might be his girlfriend. But she looked like more of a one night stand. Kyrn told me all about them. 

I don't know how long I stayed awake waiting, but I felt really tired and I fell asleep.

Damon's POV

I did what he asked to prove I was 'responsible'. I got a job as a fucking high school teacher. 

What else does he want?

I shut the door with a loud bang, once I was inside. I was just so angry, I didn't even care if Taylor was asleep or not. I went into the kitchen and got myself a cold beer before moving into the living room.

She was on the couch curled up in a ball sound asleep. She looked really pretty while she slept with her lower lip jutted out in a pout and her hair all over her face. 

Damon get a hold of yourself, she's your student. I picked and her up, taking her into her room. I had just walked by the guest room, when the door opened and Kyrn stepped out.

"Where were you" she asked sleepily, "I was with Dad" I answered feeling angry again. She didn't even ask, already knowing us, we always end up fighting. She looked down and finally noticed Taylor in my arms.

"She waited up for you, you know" she said, hearing that made me smile a little, don't know why but it did. "I'll just take her to bed, good night" I said and took Taylor to her room. I laid her down on the bed, she stirred a little but didn't wake up. 

I was tempted to kiss her on her forehead but I didn't. I simply pulled up the blankets and switched off the lights.

Taylor's POV

I woke up in my room and not the living room. How come? Did I sleep walk or something.

I remember why I was supposed to wake up in the living room. I was waiting up for Damon.

I was on my way to the kitchen when I smelt something burning. I rushed down to the kitchen to see Damon and Kyrn staring at a pan of burnt pancakes or at least I thought they were pancakes. Damon held the burnt pan while Kyrn stood there staring at it and he was glaring at her.

"How many times have I told you never to cook>" Damon said sounding angry yet amused. "Damon you know I can't cook yet you didn't get up to make me some food when I asked you to" she grumbled like a five year old.

He rolled his eyes and threw the burnt food into the bin. "So can you make me something to eat I'm starving" she said holding her stomach smiling up at her brother. "No" he said and turned to leave the kitchen. 

"If you don't, you know I'll burn down the kitchen trying" she threatened smirking at him. He grumbled under his breath before opening the fridge.

I stepped into the kitchen smiling at Kyrn, really amused at the scene I just watched. "Morning Taylor" she said and I only smiled. We looked at each other for a while and burst out laughing. Damon stared at us, muttered something under his breath and went back to cooking.

"Morning Damon" I said smiling at him, his younger sister had just blackmailed him into making her breakfast, it was really funny to watch. "Morning Taylor" he muttered back, when he was done we all sat down for breakfast which was delicious by the way. After breakfast I took a shower and left for school. 

**** 

please vote, comment and share. Also please read my new book, Started In a Convent, thanks. 

CHAPTER EDITED