Chapter 28

"Kyrn! We're going to be late!" I yelled as I fixed Nolan's hair and jacket. He looked too adorable for words. I glanced up at the clock and sure enough we were already running late.

"I'm done! I'm done!" Kyrn said as she walked into the living room. She looked nothing short of perfection like I knew she would. Her hair was styled up in a simple yet elegant way; she kept her make up light and the dress looked even better on her. "I'm sorry but you know this," she said gesturing to herself, "doesn't just happen."

I rolled my eyes before standing up. "We're la..." I didn't get the chance to scold her because I was cut off by the sound of her phone ringing. "Yeah yeah, we're on our way," she said into the receiver and hung up.

I raised a brow in question and she rolled her eyes before placing her phone in her purse. "That was Damon and we should get going," she said walking towards the door. I've been saying that for the past ten minutes. I grabbed Nolan's hand and my purse and we followed behind her.

"A limo!" I gasped as I stared at the long, shiny black vehicle. The chauffeur took of his hat and silently opened the door for us, an amused smile playing on his lips. Kyrn sent me a smirk, took Nolan's hand and made her way to the limo. She thanked the chauffeur and got in. I finally got over my surprise and followed after them. "Thank you," I said to the man as I got into the limo.

Why was I the only one surprised by the limo? Even Nolan wasn't.

The interior was even cooler. A TV, Champagne, lots of candy sat in a corner and more than enough room for more people.

Wow.

It wasn't a very long ride before we finally arrived at the hotel where the gala was being held. There was a long line of limos and cars to the hotel entrance, so, we had to wait for a while.

This gala was even more serious than I thought. You could tell that these people were not ordinary people. I watched women and men get out of expensive looking cars and limos, dressed in expensive clothes and jewelry.

I felt self-conscious as I stared at all these people. I didn't want to be here anymore. Why did I even come again?

"We're here, relax" Kyrn said into the receiver of her phone pulling me away from people watching. I heard the person on the other end of the line say something and she rolled her eyes before hanging up.

Yeah, she was the one who convinced me.

We finally got to the entrance of the hotel. Once again, Nolan and Kyrn took the lead and I followed behind them. There wass no turning back now.

Everything here spelled elegance and wealth. I definitely did not fit in with this kind of crowd. I just wanted to go back to Damon's apartment, change into sweatpants and watch TMNT till midnight while binging on junk food. Instead, I was here.

"Come on," Kyrn said when she noticed my reluctance to move any further. She sighed and walked back to where I was standing. "You look absolutely gorgeous tonight," she said with a soft smile, "and I'm going to make sure you have fun."

Not that I felt much better but I had promised that I was going to attend this thing and I was going to.

I heard the sound of music and people talking before I saw them. We descended the stairs slowly and finally the hall came into view. Just like I had seen outside, there were so many people elegantly dressed and they stood around talking and laughing in small groups with champagne glasses in their hands. The hall was huge and the décor amazing.

"There they are," Krn said pointing out Damon and her father who stood with an old looking couple, talking.

Damon.