Chapter 14

Damon's POV

When we got back, it was a silent ride in the elevator, neither of us said a thing or tried to start up a conversation to get rid of the awkward atmosphere. I was still pissed at my dad for what he said to her.

I locked the door behind us once we both got into the apartment. It was very quiet in here, I guess Kyrn is asleep. "Good night" she whispered already walking towards her room. "I'm sorry" I said which made her stop and turn to face me.

"For what" she asked looking confused and tired. I sighed leaning against the wall running my hand through my hair, "for tonight" I said and she smiled a little. "You said that before" she said and I sighed moving closer.

"I know, it's just...well I mean the look on your face when I picked you up from that party said something bad happened and then I took you to a hotel where my father called you a slut. I'm just really sorry for tonight" I said all in one breath looking down at her.

"It's okay, wasn't your fault and I should also say thank you. Thank you for picking me up and yeah, things didn't go very well at the party" she said and there was this look in her eyes as if she were reliving a bad memory.

"What happened at the party" I asked, I didn't ask before because she looked pretty shaken up and I wanted to allow her, her privacy but looking at her now tells me something really bad happened. She didn't answer; she only stared at the wall behind me, the same faraway look in her eyes.

"Taylor...taylor" I tried snapping her out of her thoughts but she only stared. "Taylor" I yelled a little shaking her shoulders, she gasped turning back to me. She had this scared look in her eyes before it quickly vanished and she was staring at me in confusion.

"Are you okay" I asked, "yeah yeah I'm fine just tired" she said forcing out a fake yawn but I could tell she was really tired. "Okay then, get some rest" I said and she nodded, "goodnight" she said going towards her room, "goodnight" I said before she disappeared down the hall.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket; I took it out to see it was my father calling, again. This was the fourth time now, I was in no mood to be yelled at. I hit ignore and placed the phone on my bedside table. I know I'm going to be in a lot of trouble tomorrow.

Taylor's POV

"What happened to you last night" I asked Ashen once I got to his table to take his order. He had come into the diner with his sunglasses on and when he took them off I could see why he had them on. There were bags under his eyes and it was obvious from the way he groaned he was dealing with a terrible hangover.

"How much did you drink" I asked and he glared at me, "you left without telling me" he snapped but then placed his fingers on his temples massaging them. "I'll get you a cup of coffee" I said leaving his table to get his coffee.

"Here you go" I said setting the mug in front of him, he sluggishly took it taking a sip. I heard him moan, not because of the terrible headache he had but cause of the coffee. "So why did you leave without saying anything" he asked setting the mug down.

The bathroom scene came to mind and I wasn't sure I wanted to tell him anything about that yet. I couldn't sleep last night, I kept thinking about his hands running up my body and his lips and how he backed me up against the door. I was petrified, felt like I was reliving the same scene with my dad.

I didn't want to lie to Ashen, he was my best friend and I've never lied to him before. I always tell him everything and so does he. This is going to be the first time lying to him and I felt horrible. "I had to...."

"Taylor could you please attend to booth three" Linda, a coworker asked coming up to our table. Thank God. I didn't have to lie to Ashen, at least for a few minutes.

"Isn't it your lunch break" Ashen asked slightly annoyed that she had interrupted us, but I was beyond grateful that she had. "Yes, but no worries I'll take care of it" I said smiling at her and she sent me a grateful smile. The place was packed with so many people more than she could handle alone since Jade didn't show up to work today leaving just the two of us.

"I'll be right back" I told sliding out of my seat going towards booth three. "Welcome to Gina's what can I get you" I said taking out my notepad and pen from the apron around my waist.

"Taylor" I heard someone say and I looked up to find Logan and three other guys at the booth. They were all staring at me and it felt very uncomfortable. "Hey" I smiled at Logan trying to ignore the others, "hi" he said smiling back but it didn't reach his eyes. He also had bags under his eyes just like Ashen. That must have been one hell of a party.

"So what can I get you guys" I asked ready to write down their orders. They all told me what they wanted and the other guys tried flirting with me which made my cheeks burn a bright red. I went back to Ashen after I had given Logan and his friends their food, he was currently staring at Logan's booth and didn't notice when I sat down. I snapped my fingers in his face to get his attention.

"So what happened to you last night" I asked once he turned his attention to me, hoping he would forget about me for a while. He sighed took a sip of his coffee and set the mug down.

"Adam Mitchell happened" 

*****

Please read my new story MY LAST BIRTHDAY