Untitled (Chapter 1)

I began writing this at the beginning of eigth grade. It's been over two years with lots of revising. I hope you like it! Also, I would love to hear constructive critisim.   Love, spectacularsam

Chapter one

It looked like a dragon. It could pass off as an angel. Maybe it needed more color... Bryan wasn't sure. Of course he didn't have crayons or colored pencils with him. He was in his second year at the local high school. No one brought crayons or colored pencils there. Bryan shaded the dragon-angel's eyes with his pencil which happened to be on his math homework.

The monotonous tone of the teacher droned out of Bryan's ears. The mindless gossip around him became dull background noise. Daydreams flowed through his mind. Throughout class, he'd blush when realizing that it's much too soon to dream up such scenarios. He'd only just started his relationship.

Kristy was crying She stayed home from school and was all alone. She knew she was screwed if anyone found out her secret. She forced herself off the icy bathroom floor and looked into the mirror.

Mirror, Mirror on the wall

Who is the fairest of them all? She thought.

Not me, she answered her self, I look like a mess.

A hot mess, Kristy answered her self again, That's what Robert would say.

After that, Kristy started to cry even harder. Crumpling to the floor while heaving with each sob, she held herself together with only her arms.

“Ohmahgawd!” Bryan exclaimed during lunch. The other “outcasts” glared at him. “I-I completely forgot!” After jumping up, he ran towards the back door of the cafe that led to the courtyard.

“Um.. Bye?” muttered one of the fellows at the lunch table Bryan just left. He never heard them, however. He was outside with in a matter of seconds.

The cool air hit his face, but it wasn't like a slap. It was refreshing to say the lest.

Allen stood at the old tree. His full lips were framed by snake bites. His smile was bigger than the Cheshire Cat's. His blue eyes were like the deepest depths of the ocean. His black hair was swaying in the light breeze. Compared to to Bryan, Allen was The David. And Bryan didn't mind.

They embraced tightly and took awhile for them to let go.

The cell phone shook in Kristy hands. Robert was texting her. Kristy thought of all the messages he had texted her before. All it was was him begging her to take off her clothes and send him a picture of her nude body. Then he could do god knows what while looking at the picture. And she succumb to his pleas. In her conclusion, he was manipulative and she was a complete idiot. So, she'll take most of the blame as long as he'll take the rest.

She broke down once more after chucking the phone into the wall, smashing it into hundreds of pieces, just like her life.

Allen kissed Bryan. It was the first time for the both of them. It wasn't intimate or subtle. It was just right. The right amount of connection and time. They parted slowly and stared at each other for a while. They kissed again and again until- Ding! The school bell rang. Bryan ran towards the gym's entrance while waving to Allen.

Bryan felt like he had won the lottery. He paused for a moment, leaned against a wall while smiling. People walked by and stared, yet he kept on smiling. He ended up skipping to class.

“I'm a slut. I'm a whore. I'm a hoe. I'm a bitch. I'm a skank. I'm a vamp. I'm a tramp.” Vile words came from Kristy's mouth. “I'm so stupid. I'll burn in hell!”

She had finally ceased crying. Now she was only screaming at herself. Maybe it was true, however, it didn't make her feel any better.

“How could I ever be so stupid?” Kristy yelled. “I loved him! He's going to leave me.” That was obvious. Of course he was going to leave her. He's smart enough to do so.

The was a sudden knock at the front door. Her parents. Kristy picked up the pieces of her phone and dried her eyes. Her parent's didn't even realize that she had a breakdown. It was like there was nothing for her to hide, Kristy wished there wasn't.

I think I'm in love, thought Bryan, I'm in love with Allen. If my parents ever find out, I'm dead.

Bryan was in a natural high. He had skipped last period to redraw his dragon-angel. He was going to give it to Allen when he was satisfied, he opened a notebook and began to write:

My Second Life

A Book of Real Stories

By Bryan Angelo

He began with his fifteen minutes with Allen.

The phone was working. Kristy found three text messages and four missed calls all from Robert. She cursed his name. She had to tell him, but first she needed some sleep.  It was hours past midnight. Kristy closed her eyes and waited for sleep to come. But she can't recall if it ever did.

“Who's Allen?” Bryan's eyes popped open at the husky sound of his father's voice. “Well? Who is he?”

“I-I. What do you mean?” Bryan's face got hot.

“I looked at your phone and all your calls are from Allen.” His father answered.

The resemblance between them was striking. Both had blonde straight hair, tan skin, and green eyes. When Joesph Angelo was Bryan's age he had a thin figure like Bryan does now. The only difference was that one was in the closet.

Bryan forced a smile. “Oh, Allen. He's my friend from school. He was incredibly thankful he had deleted their texts.

Will mom and I ever meet him?” His dad looked dangerously suspicious.

Bryan nearly started to shake. “Um, sure, I mean, he has drama after school and he's busy a lot. So when he's free I can ask, I guess.”

“Does he dress like you?”

Bryan thought about it. “Kinda.”

His father sighed. “Troubled kids dress that way.”

“I'm not troubled.” Bryan snapped.

Joseph shook his head. “Goodnight, Bryan.”

“'Night.”

When his father left, Bryan made sure his “Secret Life” journal was hidden extremely well. He lied on his bed and thought about Allen, his boyfriend, definitely not friend.