Chapter 11: All Hell Breaks Loose [EDITED]

Start from the beginning

     Jean shakes her head,  "I don't know why they would take Sam.  I think we should call Bobby and Ash...maybe they can help us track Sammy down."

     Dean nods, "Yeah, good idea."  He reaches into his pocket and removes his cell phone.  While Dean calls Bobby, Jean takes out her own phone and calls Ash.  Ash is a computer genius with a mullet that works and lives at Harvelle's Roadhouse with Ellen and Jo.  Jean has known him almost as long as she's known Ellen and Jo.  After filling him in on what has happened, Ash tells her he'll keep his feelers out and see what pops up.  Once she hangs up her phone Dean tells her, "Bobby is going to meet us in Iowa.  Let's go."

     They drive for the rest of the night and arrive in Iowa at dawn.  They pull over into the parking lot of a boarded up gas station to wait for Bobby.  Twenty minutes later, the Winchester twins and the Impala are joined by Bobby and his truck.  While Dean and Bobby are talking by the hood of the Impala, Jean's phone rings and she answers it on the first ring.  "Ash, please tell me that you found something."

     "Okay, listen, it's a big negatory on Sam." Ash's voice says from the other end of the line.

     "Damn it!" Jean exclaims.

     "Listen, Jean...I did find something."

     "What is it, Ash?"

     "I can't talk over this line, Jean."

     "I'm sorry, Ash, but we really don't have time for this."

     "Make time," Ash shouts.  "Okay, because this," Ash pauses then continues in a quieter voice, "Not only does this almost definitely help you find your brother, this is....It's huge.  So get here.  Now."  He then hangs up on Jean.

     "Did Ash find anything?" Dean asks her.

     "Yeah, we're going to the Roadhouse.  Let's go."  All three get into the Impala and Dean starts the engine and drives off.

     A few hours later, they turn onto the byway that leads to Harvelle's Roadhouse and as the little bar comes into view Dean, Bobby, and Jean are shocked by what they see.  "What the hell?"  Dean exclaims as he stops the Impala in front of the remnants of the Roadhouse, which has been clearly burnt to the ground.

     The three get out of the car and begin to make their way through what little remains of the Roadhouse.  As Jean passes by the charred remains of a couple of human bodies she says, "My God....Please don't let Ellen, Joe, and Ash be in here."

     "You see Ellen?"  Dean asks Bobby and Jean.

     Bobby shakes his head, "No.  No Ash either."

     Jean pauses then bends down to examine a familiar watch on the wrist of a blackened body.  "I found Ash."

     Dean walks up beside her and looks at the corpse, "Oh, Ash.  Damn it."  He looks over at Bobby and Bobby looks at Jean as she slowly stands up straight.

     Jean walks out of the smouldering ruins with Bobby and Dean following behind her.  "This is..." Bobby starts to say, but Dean interrupts him.

     "What the hell did Ash know?  We got no way of knowing where Ellen is or if she's even alive."  The three come to a stop beside the hood of the Impala and turn to face each other.  "We got no clue what Ash was gonna tell us.  Now how the hell are we gonna find Sam?"

     "We'll find him," Bobby assures Dean.

     All of a sudden, Dean shuts his eyes and places a hand on his head.  "Are you okay?" Jean asks her brother.