Ark: Volume 2 Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

At the edge of the Argus Mountains, you have found a cave emanating a ghastly aura. The chilling aura you can feel from the cold blood flowing through these reptiles and an eerie smell permeates the entire cave. The noise of dogs barking can be heard from the depths of the cave, and slithering sounds are flowing from the small holes drilled everywhere.

There is no way to guess how many Gnolls and Snakes are inhabiting the cave. If you are someone with the wisdom to avoid danger, you will never enter this cave.

You have discovered an undiscovered dungeon. Because this is a newly found discovery, if you register your discovery in the Hall of Fame, you can gain an additional 700 experience and 50 Fame.

Would you like to register it?

"Registration refused."

Of course, Ark had absolutely no intention to share the information.

After refusing the registration, he entered the cave and found himself in darkness.

He would have hated it in the past, but presently Ark was a Dark Walker.

The dark was Ark's irreplaceable weapon and armor. Outside when it turned night time, Gnolls' stats rose by 30 percent. As a result, even though Ark's stats also rose, Gnolls were still stronger.

But right now it was daytime. So only Ark was strengthened from the cave's darkness. His strength was replenished and he felt his five senses becoming extremely sharp. Also, using 'Stealth' in the darkness would further improve Ark's chance of survival.

Dungeons were environments where Dark Walkers can display 100 percent of their abilities!

With Gnolls, even if five or six of them flocked together, he had the confidence to win easily.

"Master, four dog heads are gathered in front of us."

Bat, who had left to survey the surroundings, reported its findings.

"Good, you guys stay here and move when I give the signal. 'Stealth!'"

When Ark used the Dark Walker's special ability, he was absorbed into the darkness and disappeared. While maintaining this state, Ark walked into the interior of the cave. Just as Bat had reported, about 200 meters ahead, four Gnolls had gathered and were whispering.

"We've run out of sacrifices. Grrr."

"This is a big problem. God will be angry."

"We have to storm into the village and catch a human."

"After the humans came, God got really angry."

"Will there still be humans in the village?"

"Even if we have to go far away, we have to capture some. If we don't, we might get caught and be eaten."

'God? He'll catch and eat them?'

He was wondering what they were talking about, but the Gnolls' conversation ended there.

"Shh, this is strange. For some reason I can smell human."

"Have humans come again? That's good then..."

The Gnolls' eyes gleamed as they looked around.

Ark went to stand behind one them and sent Bat a signal through telepathy.

'Pretend to be a human.'

Since the Familiars were spiritually connected to Ark, communication without words was possible.

Bat received the signal and dropped pebbles as it flew around. Then the Gnolls flinched and looked away. At that instant, Ark cast Eyes of the Cat and stabbed one in the nape.