I halted mid step when I saw the sight before me. Sam was cowering behind his couch, occasionally glancing at the top edge before quickly pulling his head back as if whatever he saw would locate his presence. It would have worked if it wasn't for the fact that half of his body was sticking out from the back of the couch. On the opposite side of him was the little girl who stood on top of the coffee table with a blade in both of her hands. Her hands shook from the effort of lifting it up, but they were steadily pointed at Sam's cowering figure.

Seeing my blade in her hands, I clenched my hands as kept in my anger. I didn't appreciate it when someone goes through my things, much less touch them and the urge to make her cower before me grew stronger.

Slowly, I exhaled, just as my Sam had taught me to do when my anger was somehow over the edge and I was not allowed to use it to dismember and kill someone.

Now calm, I made my way to the girl who shifted her gaze from behind the couch to me. Though her hands shook, her eyes held an unnerving calmness in them that somehow reminded me of my rival during training long ago. A calm anger.

With no slow approach or consideration of calming her, I gripped her hands and pulled the weapon from them as I stared at her with dark eyes. "Touch them again, and I'll cut off your finger one by one."

As if now realizing that she was threading on thin ice, she jumped off the table and quickly stepped as far away from me as she could.

I didn't even want to know how the girl somehow got a hold of my weapons and was able to take them in the first place as I slowly turned around to face Sam's still cowering figure.

Now that I was opposite Sam, I stared unamused when I noticed that his butt was indeed sticking out from the couch and was distinctly shaking.

I sighed, "Sam, stand up."

Sam's head peeked out from the top of the furniture and the fear in his eyes immediately changed into relief when he saw me. Quickly standing up, I gave him an unimpressed look, not because I knew that he could protect himself with a knife I saw peeking from beneath his sleeves, but the fact that it took him long to get here.

"You finally arrived? What a shame, I was actually thinking of making sure you meet Jesus a bit too earlier than planned if you took a few minutes longer."

I knew my threats didn't work on Sam but I still wanted to take out my irritation on him for his tardiness through words rather than actions.

Instead of laughing and shrugging the threat off like usual, he narrowed his eyes at me, "Well if I had my bike then I would have arrived sooner."

"You have other means of transportation than my bike, you know", I pointed out.

He seethed in anger as his ears slowly turned to a reddish hue, making me laugh out loud. I heard a sharp intake off breath behind me, but I didn't turn to acknowledge the girl who I knew was staring at us as we converse.

My laughter only made him more angry as he clenched his hands. He was still in his lab coat with his clothes disheveled as if he had been in a hurry, but I overlooked his attire and focused on a small cut on his cheek.

Before I could ask about it, he started talking, "My bike, Void! Mine!"

"It isn't in your possession, is it? You could only claim an item as yours when you have it, but you don't since it is in my possession instead of yours. That makes the bike mine."

He stared at me before blinking once. With a pout on his face, he tilted his head to the side.

"Whatever", he muttered under his breath and I knew I had won the conversation. Before I could give a victorious grin however, he stared at the girl beside me with a curious look, "Who's she?"