Chapter 7

Don't forget to vote or comment if you like a chapter.

***

Passing by the security of the front door, I gazed around the lobby for any signs of Beckett who might have been waiting for me.

Luckily she was not present so I made my way to the elevator, only to be stopped by a hug from a scrawny looking teen.

"Sam," I acknowledged him as I stood still and attempted not to return his affection, "Stop hugging me or you'll find yourself limbless and a new bundle of rope in the morning."

Laughing joyfully, he squeezed a second tighter before letting go with a large grin on his face.

Sam's scrawny figure was shorter than my tall one, only reaching my shoulders. He had a darker shade of skin, with curly and untamed hair. His black, wide eyes shined with mischief and knowledge, and with his lab coat and glasses, he looked like a mad scientist.

"What do you want?" I asked slowly as I took a step back from his figure, afraid that he might hug me again.

He pouted with wide eyes as he tried, and failed, to catch me under his spell, "Is that how you greet your best friend?"

I looked at him with hard eyes, unamused. "Best friend?", I demanded.

He grinned in reply, dropping his pouting look, as he cross his arms to examine me from head to toe. Seeing his eyes linger on the dry blood found on the hilt of my blades, I whipped my cloak to cover them.

"Where have you been?"

"None of your concern", I narrowed my eyes at him before passing his figure as I walked to the elevator.

"Hey! I'm not done talking to you yet!", He called behind me, making me grit my teeth when some of the agents looked at me with mocking smiles.

If they don't drop that, they'll find their lips missing in the morning.

Entering the elevator, I bared my teeth at them threateningly, causing them to quickly avoid my eyes.

"Okay! I'll see you in the lab then!", Sam shouted before the doors closed, his figure disappearing from view.

Remaining silent, I pressed the red button and called for Beckett's floor.

My heart thumped irregularly as I breathe in to calm my nerves. Even as I closed my eyes, I found myself thinking of Allen Wane, cuffed in the previous headquarters of the Silent Society.

Breathing in, I told myself that Allen could not escape and would not be found until I figure out what to do with him.

Just as I finished calming myself, the elevator doors opened and I made my way to the end of the hall, ignoring the staring guards. Stopping at the front of the door, I was surprised to see it personally opened by Beckett.

Seeing her unusual appearance made me raise a brow at her though allowed my face to remain blank.

Beckett's usual neat hair was messily wrapped in a bun, just as her clothes were messily arranged and wrinkled. Her face, which casted an stressful expression, slightly lessened when she recognized me. Eyeing me, she stood aside, allowing me to enter her office.

Scanning the room once, I ignored the messily arranged room that consisted of papers on the floor, desk somehow moved to the side with the chair on the other, and the upside down sofa, and stood at the center of it all.