Prologue

WARNING
Relation of names, themes, plot or whatnot, to anyone or thing, is purely coincidental and unintentional.

Do not copy my idea and work or you will deathly regret it.

Reminder-- This story is not for the faint hearted so I suggest that if you are one, it is your decision to continue reading.

***

A creak was heard from the stairs as I jolted awake on my bed. I laid there for a while thinking it was just the old house fighting against the stormy night outside until another creak was heard.

I sat up in my bed, feeling unsure of what I should do, when I heard voices whispering outside my room. Thinking it was my parents, I rose from my bed and shuffled towards the door. I was about to open it and greet them when a scream pierced through the night.

My eyes widened at the scream, my body paralyzed with fear. The storm outside wailed louder but I could still hear an outraged gasp outside as I stood still, wondering again on what I should do.

"Lilian!"

My father's voice boomed from the other side of the door as he called my mother's name. Not feeling the dread nor hearing the clanging of weapons outside, I opened the door in worry.

Standing my the door, I saw my father fighting a man whose back was facing me. Behind him was an unmoving body. I clammed my mouth shut with both of my hand to stifle a scream when I notice a pair of familiar brown eyes staring at mine. Only, instead of bright eyes, these pair were dull and glassy.

My mother was... gone?

Noticing I was in the room, my father's eyes flickered to my frozen form just as the blonde man brought down his wide sword to his head. My eyes widened in fear as he barely dodged the lethal attack before jabbing his own sword to disarm his enemy.

During every parry and strike they made, my father glanced at me, urging me with his eyes to move and escape.

Eyes wide with understanding, I shuffled quickly towards the stairs. As I tried to silently escape, a flash of worry appeared inside of me, and I risked a glance to check on my dad. Distracted, I didn't notice a piece of the wooden floorboard peeking out before I fell with a load shriek.

The clanging of blades abruptly stopped and I looked up to see the blonde moving towards me with dark blank eyes, dragging his blade on the floor as blood trailed behind him. The sound of metal being dragged across the floor was unnerving, making my heart beat faster in fright. Finding my dad behind him, tears formed at the rims of the eyes when I noticed his unmoving body.

The fear and sadness I felt suddenly disappeared as anger blossomed inside of me, hardening my heart. I sensed my fearful brown eyes change into an endless void, making the murderer confused.

His confusion was only for a second before he stopped to crouch at my still body on the floor. I eyed the blond man with my now void eyes as he brought his blade softly on my stomach. My body still unmoving, I watched as the man press his blade slowly to my stomach, drawing blood. The pain I felt was unbearable and I let out a silent gasp of agony. Seeing the man smirk in front of me lessened the pain as anger drew out the agony I felt. With quick hands, I gripped the blade and turned sideward, making the sword slash through my stomach. Surprised, the man abruptly applied force to his blade, causing it to pierce deeply through the wooden floor.

I jumped to my feet as a rush of adrenaline passed over me, not caring about the deep wound on my body nor the large amount of blood rushing from it. All I thought and cared about was revenge.

With a silent wish for me to survive through the night, I made a promise to kill the killer in front of me.

That promise was the final thing that motivated me to run from the man. Barely hearing the man shout behind me in alarm I ducked under the thighs of a wide eyed man under the stairs and ran through the door. Entering the forest surrounding my house, I clumsily jumped over roots and dodged loose branches above me. At my fast pace, I felt blood rush out faster dripping on patches of grasses and occasional moss.

Feeling the effects of blood loss, my vision slowly began to turn hazy as black shadows appeared at the edge of my eyesight. I struggled to keep up with my rapid pace and nearly fell over from fatigue. Finally stopping to lean on a large tree, I glanced around at the unfamiliar surroundings and saw a flicker of light flash by. Surprised, I blinked but the light only disappeared.

I groaned and tried to move from my leaning position but fell on the ground with a loud grunt.

My vision rapidly began to flash in and out, as I heard voices shouting in a distance. Drops of rain cascaded down my face as I looked up at the dark and gloomy sky, feeling nothing but immense pain. Suddenly, a face appeared in front of me, bright blue eyes looking at mine like beacons, urging me to fight for life.

He glanced behind him for a moment to shout at someone, "Dad! Help!"

He looked back at me as my weak body began to shut down. I closed my eyes, fatigue finally winning as I fell into darkness. The last thing I heard was a soft voice calling out to me.

"Please don't die."

Don't worry, I don't plan to.