Beside you

(Trigger warning)

Cassie's P.O.V.

I never realized how much she would miss now that she's gone. I stand here today at my high school graduation wishing that my mom could be here to see me succeed.

It hasn't been the same after she died. Mom's smiles rarely reach her eyes anymore. But I understand why she's like that. I don't think I'd ever be the same if I had lost the love of my life.
I feel like if it wasn't for me, she wouldn't be here either. She would probably already be dead by now.

"Cassie the ceremony is about to start. You should go find your seat." I hear my mom tell me in the same depressed tone that has been there for the past 3 years.

I sigh trying to hold in my tears. Looking up into my mothers eyes I can't help but let a few fall down.

"Mama." She knows exactly what is wrong when the name comes out of my mouth.I only used call her that when my other mom was around.

"Come here baby." She says as she pulls me into a tight hug and lets me cry into her neck. "She would be so proud of you right now Cassie. Lauren loved you so much honey, all she wanted you to do was succeed. And look at you now huh. Graduating at the top of your class. You have your mother's smarts, because we both know you didn't get it from me."

I lightly laugh at her attempt at a joke.

"Now you go up there and make us proud. Remember that she's watching down on us alright." She continues, pulling away from the hug and wiping away my tears.

"I just wish she was here." I say sadly.

"I do too baby, I do too." She tells me with a sigh. "Come on now, don't want you to miss you own graduation." She finally says as she fixes my cap and gown before leading us into the building where the ceremony will take place.

Y/N's P.O.V.

After Cassie's graduation ceremony I drive back home alone and let her celebrate with her friends. Walking through the front door and into an empty home I let my mind wander off to the memories of me and the love of my life.

"Y/N stoooppp!!!" Lauren giggles hysterically as I continue to tickle her.

"Not until you tell me you love me." I laugh along with her. Unable not to, as her laugh is contagious.

"Fine! Fine! I love you! Now get off of me." She says in between laughs as she attempts to push me off her.

"Hehe was that so bad?" I ask before kissing her lips and laying on the space beside her.

"You. Suck." She lets out in between breaths, to which I turn my head to smirk at her.

"You swallow." The face she makes when I say that and the way she snaps her head towards me, has me dying of laughter next to her. As she starts to hit my chest.

"Ugh you're sure an asshole." She says as she stops hitting me, crossing her arms.

"An asshole that you love." I say cheekily.

"Sadly." She grumbles out.

I fake gasp, putting a hand over my heart in fake offense. "Well since you obviously don't love me I'll just leave." I say getting up off her bed just for her to pull me on top of her giggling self.