School hero

"Okay class you can start your group work now." The second that Mrs.Stevenson says that the class is flooded with conversations.

Sitting next to me is my crush Lauren Jauregui. I'm a little hesitant to talk to her, but decide to stop acting awkward and, like the nike commercial, just do it...Since we kinda have to anyway.

But right as I turn to her there's a loud gunshot that rings outside of the class room. Automatically everyone ducks down.

My eyes widen scared for my life as I hear the gunshots get louder. But the cry of help that comes after has me jumping out of my seat. Causing my chair to screech against the floor.

That was the cry of my sister.

I can hear her crying in the hallway pleading for her life. And in an instant I find myself running out of the class, ignoring everyone in my class and just focusing on finding my sibling.

When I get into the hallway I turn left and make run for it towards the yells of my sister.
I find her lying on the ground, blood gushing out of her leg.

In front of her is a lengthy guy in all black, pointing a m16 rifle at her, ready to end her life. I'm standing behind him so he can't see me.

In a flash, I am taking out my pocket knife and stabbing him in the back. Once he's down I make a quick move to get his gun and shoot him in the head.

It's a good thing that my father has taught me how to use a gun.

I hear more gun shots in the distance as I turn around to help my sister. When I see all the blood that is flowing from her leg I drop the gun on the floor to take off my flannel and wrap it around the wound.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I finally look up at her face.

"I can't move my leg." She cries out.

The gunshots seem to be getting to closer , so I scoop her up bridal style and run back to my class room.

Struggling to knock on the door I yell.

"It's Y/N open up." Moments after I say that I am being ushered inside the room, where I lay Alexa down on the floor.

"Put pressure on her leg." I tell Mrs. Stevenson before I look down at my younger sister. "I'll be back ok." I kiss her forehead before standing back up.

"Where are you going?" She says with panicky eyes as tears flow down her cheeks.

"There's more people out there. I can't let them all die." She gives me a shaky nod, knowing there is no talking me out of this, before I make my way back to the door.

But right before I can open it, there is a tug at my wrist. Turning around I find scared emerald eyes looking at me.

"Be careful." She says in a whisper. In shock all I can manage to let out is a nod yes, before another round of gun shots snaps me out of my daze.

"Yea I'll try." I let out quickly before bolting out of the door.

I make my way back to the dead body of the shooter and grab the gun laying a few feet away.

Checking the ammo to find half the mag still there.

"Fuck." I curse when I hear another gun shot.

Running to the body, I search for any extra clips. When I find it I stuff it in my pocket before carefully making my way towards the gun shots.

Students are laying on the floor. It makes me sick in the stomach. Checking for any pulses I get none and let out a shaky breath.

After turning a couple more corners I find a girl on the ground silently crying while holding her shoulder. Fear flashes in her eyes when she sees me. Right before she can yell for help I put my finger to my lips to signal her to be quiet.

"Can you walk ?" I ask in a whisper as I make it to her side.

She nods her head and I help her stand up . We walk slowly to the closest classroom in hopes of there being people inside.

"Open the door, we need help out here."

No response.

"Please. I have someone that's shot and she's gonna bleed out." Moments later I hear crawling on the floor before the door is opened.

Everybody gasps and backs up when they see the gun. I help the girl to the teachers desk where she sits down.

"Hey I'm going to need you to stay here and be quiet ok?" I ask her. She nods her head. "Alright just keep pressure on your shoulder and stay calm alright? Everything will be ok."

And with that I leave the class in a rush and speed towards the gunshots.

Making my way to the second floor I hear heavy breathing. As I look around for the source I find a kid on the ground with a shot to the chest.

Rushing over to him I quickly put pressure on the bloodspot. Before I can do anything else there's heavy rock music that can be heard coming from the other hallway and towards us.

"Put pressure on this." I whisper out really fast before I run to the staircase.

Pushing the door Open and close I hide behind it until it is evident that the music has gotten gradually closer.

After a little while I peek through the window on the door and see nothing there. I can hear the music getting closer and closer until finally, I see someone with black boots turning the corner and making their way down the hallway.

As quick as lightning I aim and shoot.

Bang.

One shot to the head. I have cuts all over my arms and face from the glass of the window I just shot through. Making my way back out of the staircase I decide to check out the two other connecting hallways on the left and right before returning to the student on the floor.

Once I see that I'm in the clear I turn back to the kid lying on the floor. With my gun up just incase another shooter comes out from nowhere.

But before I can even make it to him, there's a stinging pain that suddenly came from my back all the way through my front.

Putting my hand over the spot and pressing down a little causes an immediate reaction. I groan loudly and pull my hand back before looking down at it with blurry vision. All that can be seen is some type of liquid dripping from my finger tips.

That was the last thing I saw before I dropped to the floor and passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: part 2 soon