single

Zayn's POV

(Earlier this year - February 6th)

 I need Harry to hurry up and get down here before someone drives down the road and decides to call the police. If I get caught tonight my life is over, everything that I've been working towards over the past five years goes to shit. I can't have that, I'm not starting over again from square one.

I can't even focus on the reason why I left the party to begin with, this is something I need to deal with this first.

"Zayn what the fuck?" I hear Harry yell as he runs across the street, as a posse follows behind him once they exit a large black-tinted car.

I turn around and watch him make his way over to me, this is going to break him and I'll never be able to make up for what I've done. 

"Shit, you got into an accident, why didn't you call an ambulance or the Police?" He asks me looking around at the scene, he steps on some broken glass and stands in front of me. That's when he stops and realizes whose car I'm standing in front of.

"Wait, is she okay?" He pushes me out of the way and tries to shake her.

"Harry, she's dead. I've been trying to help her since the accident," I explain to him and he shakes his head and falls to his knees with his head in his hands.

"No-no." He cries, and I kneel down and give him a hug.

"Harry, what should we do?"Javier asks as he walks over to us.

He pauses for a moment and takes a deep breath as if he's trying to prepare himself for what he's about to do next. 

"We all need to clear this whole street. Both cars, h-her body, and any pieces that can lead back to Zayn and signs of a car accident," Harry says and pushes himself from me. He stands up, wipes the tears from his face and gets straight to work.

He should be yelling at me right now, he shouldn't be helping me.

-

When we get home, Chrys dashes over to me.

I can't deal with her right now, my body is in pain and her yelling at me is the last thing that is going to help my headache.

"What the fuck? Why are you all cut up? I swear to god, if you got into a fight at a bar again I'll call the cops myself." She cusses at me, which doesn't surprise me since I missed the birthday party that I planned for her.

Tonight has to be, hands down, one of the most fucked up nights in my life. I had everything perfectly planned out, and then I got that call. I had no choice but to leave, but before I could even deal with that situation I got into that car accident. Thankfully I was able to handle what the phone call was about after we cleaned up the crime scene, but it's bittersweet. 

Now someone's dead, and Chrystal can never know. 

"I'm sorry okay? I ran into someone who was drunk, they attacked me. I called Harry for help," I lie to her and then kiss her forehead as she hugs me tightly.

Ouch, everything hurts.

"I'm not mad at you, I was just worried. We're all just going to drink and maybe smoke too, you should join," She lets go of the hug.

"Bring the blunt upstairs," I tell her then I walk off to our bedroom.

-

 I took a long deep puff holding it in for a while before letting it out. 

After everything that happened today, I deserve this shit. But, now that I really think about it, I'm a killer...I killed her. She's dead because of me, well I don't even know what actually caused the accident, but since I'm alive and she's not... it's my fault. I don't think I even want to know what actually caused the accident; I rather just stick to the conclusion that it's my fault.

At least Harry and I were able to settle the issue that made me leave in the first place, but solving one issue doesn't make me feel any better. Someone we all know died, and I can never tell anyone about it...ever.

"Zayn this is supposed to be loosening you up, -" I cut her off by passing her the blunt getting up, and leaving her there by herself. 

I feel really bad about pushing her away, especially since it's her birthday, but I can't do this right now. My head fucking hurts and I don't know how to make this constant pounding go away. 

"This isn't fair! You have been avoiding me all day, you leave my birthday party to get into a bar fight, and now you're getting up without an explanation?" She yells at me as she follows me from the balcony and back into our room.

I quickly turn around to face her, and I stare at her before saying something that I'll regret for the rest of my life.

"Well, guess what life isn't fucking fair. I understand that it's your birthday and shit, but it doesn't mean that the whole world fucking revolves around you. You're just so fucking irritating, I can't breathe without telling you where I am and what I'm doing. Just leave me the fuck alone, forever!" I yell more than I actually want to, and with that, I walk out of our room. 

I need to get the hell out of this house. 

Who knew that the day that was supposed to be perfect would end with us breaking up, and a person dying?

Chrystal's POV

(Earlier this year - February 6th)

I stand there in the middle of our bedroom as I watch him walk away. What the hell just happened?

The entire week was perfect we didn't argue at all, but when my birthday comes around everything goes to shit! 

First, he disappears from my birthday party when he was the one that went out of his way to plan this for weeks. He even wrote and recorded a song just for me. 

Then he gets into a fight with some drunk dude, while he was supposed to be with me..and now he just broke up with me. 

What the hell am I missing here? This doesn't make any sense, but I'm too drunk to think about this.

If he doesn't want to be together, fine, but he's a dickhead for doing all of this on my birthday.

"You okay?" Liam walks into the room with a concerned look on his face,

"I'm fine, how much of that did you hear?" I ask him while wiping a tear off my face,

"All of it, you guys should probably close your door while you're fighting," Liam lets out a slight chuckle then takes a seat on the bench in front of the bed.

"You're not wrong," I give him a slight smile then take a seat beside him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks me and I look at him with confusion on my face. He knows that he shouldn't be the one to ask me about Zayn and I's relationship...considering our past.

"Sorry, should I go get Niall? I know you guys are a lot closer," He asks me as he's about to get up and leave the room.

I'm about to do something that I'm probably going to beat myself up about in the morning, but right now I don't care.

"Liam close the door,"