Chapter 12

James started his car, then turned to me, with a look in his eye.

I haven't ever seen this look before except on Jake's face, right after science class had ended and we were the last one in the class.

I don't know, I guess it was an excited look or something.

Jake, I guess, was excited to spend time with me, when my heart pounded then at the thought of finally being able kiss those insanely soft looking lips of his.

James... His looks were ten times better looking than Jake's... He was super sweet, and didn't treat girls like dirt, like Jake did...

When I was around James, it was like I could be a kid again with him, but also at the same time, he had me knowing that this was reality when we were together.

Meanwhile, when I was with Jake, he could make my heart pound just from his eyes peircing into mine, almost like they were trying to look into my soul.

James eyes could look into my soul, as if we were meant to be together.

Our lips fit together pefectly. Our hands were a perfect fit. When we were having our little make-out session, our bodies molded together into a perfect fit.

Just then, something touched my lips, making them tingle.

It didn't take me long to realize that James was kissing me, it was actually a sweet yet passionate kiss.

When we pulled apart, our breathing was a tad rugged.

"What was that for?" I whispered, with a small smile on my lips, our foreheads resting against each other.

"It looked like you were in outer space for a second like you were looking for martians or something," he whispered back with a smile mirroring mine.

"Actually, I was," I told him in my serious voice, my lips twitching giving my act up. I really need to see if my parents can sign me up for acting lessons.

We walked up the stairs to my hotel room, hand in hand. The silence between us was atually not even uncomfortable.

I was sort of leaning into James, seeking for his warmth.

He was drawing circles into the back of my hand with his thumb. I actually found it quite soothing.

"Can I ask you something?" I whispered, breaking the silence.

"Sure," he replied, sqeezing my hand in reassurance.

"Do you believe in fate?" I asked him, curiosity laced in my voice.

By now, we were on the 6th floor. My room was on the 14th floor.

I know you must be wondering, Why don't they take the elevator? I would, but my coach had the Nike company stitch a "YOU MUST ALWAYS CLIMB THE STAIRS; NO USING THE ELEVATORS" onto the front of everyone's bag.

Trust me, nobody knows why he decided to have the patches put on the bags. My team is still trying to understand why he had the patches put on them.

"Of course I do, why wouldn't I?" he asked.

He started walking me backwards, until my back hit the firm wall.

A smirk slid onto my lips, "Do you think us meeting each other was fate?"

His eyes flickered down towards my lips, a smirk playing on his own, "Either that or my wicked serve on the volleyball."

Soft laughter escaped my mouth before I could contain it, "Oh, don't be so cocky."

"Oh, but I kind of need to be," he whispered into my ear, causing me to shiver with tingles running up and down my spine.

I snaked me arms around his neck, lightly pulling his lips towards mine.

His arms glided around my waist, pulling my closer to him, until air couldn't even get between us. 

Kissing James was the best thing in the world.

Like if you just got a puppy, the happiness inside you floods over all other emotions you may have just had.

That's the kind of happiness I had whenever I was with James.

Nothing could ever ruin it, but there is always the possibility of it getting better that it already was.